Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about done with the front with my Super ATV S kit. I am concerned with how they suggest running the brake lines. Seems they are very close to my rims when turning. Any suggestions or possibly I have ran them wrong. No fluid in them yet. I can move the easily. I still will be trimming the caliper cover too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 RZR 900 Trail EPS
28 Posts
Sorry no experience here other than being a mechanic (helicopter) but I’ll agree with you on that kind of contact is setting off warning bells in my head too. That’s what they say but not necessarily what you need to do. Is that a stock rim? Maybe a 1” spacer or a new off set on some rims 🤷🏼‍♂️ Might help keep the rim from being that darn close.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too am an A&P. I tried every which way.. that seems the best routing. The interference only occurs at full turn. I am still messing with tie rod ends and toe adjustment..I'm seeing if there is a way to limit the steering. It wouldn't take much. I've read somewhere about the S kit limits the steering but can't see how. Possibly would be in my favor if I can figure out how..

·
Registered
2018 RZR 900 Trail EPS
28 Posts
Only thing that I can see is to offset the rim some how. Nothing more frustrating than seeing a problem and not a way to fix it with what’s available.

·
6,696 Posts
Hey! Those brake lines are pretty close. I think that kit should come with the steering stop bushings that are installed on your rack. That should limit that full turn. Some guys don't run them, but that's why we include them. If you route your brake lines a little tighter, it should be ok. If not, the steering stop bushings should limit that turn and give you plenty of room.

·
Registered
2021 Trail Ultimate
25 Posts
None of the parts near the caliper move and have no need for the line to flex. I think if you tighten up the line and remove the slack it will cure your issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts