Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a belt last weekend and went to the shop to get another one and they didnt have one in stock so my dealer gave me an S belt for the cost of a regular one. Well I get home and notice that it seems to be wider than my old belt. So I install it and I notice that its not going down in the secondary sheaves hardly at all. Is this normal or does it need to be furthur down than what it is? I forgot the part number I will get it tommorrow.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Did you start it up and try it with the cover off of it? When you rev it up it will run down into the sheaves on the secondary, then see where it ends up after that at an idle. Don't let the rubber gasket from the rear cover fall into the moving belt & sheaves when you rev it up....take it from me....been there done that!...LOL

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I finally put my cover back on today it the noise is still there. It only does it at real low speeds and it sounds like a roaring/whining noise get up to about 10 mph it goes away. Just wondering what the noise is and if it will go away?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts