Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the “in the wheel well” particle separater for my pro XP4. I’ve read about people having problems with it. But during installation, I took a lot of care to ensure a good seal on all covers. So, after about 150 miles at sand hollow ( think tons of fine sand), I took a look at my air filter and it looks practically brand new. I’m so impressed with this thing. Great investment.

·
Registered
Polaris 2021 Pro XP 4 Premium
479 Posts
I have the “in the wheel well” particle separater for my pro XP4. I’ve read about people having problems with it. But during installation, I took a lot of care to ensure a good seal on all covers. So, after about 150 miles at sand hollow ( think tons of fine sand), I took a look at my air filter and it looks practically brand new. I’m so impressed with this thing. Great investment.
Glad yours works. Mine and a friend of mine is nothing but a dust sucker. I have the parts needed to fix it on order from S&B. Sure hope it fixes it otherwise it's history.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What parts did you have to order??
This is from the email from S&B.

Item​
Back Ordered​
Quantity​
Units​
Description​
Rate​
Amount​
AI2256C-01
0​
1​
Scoop Seal, Silicone, Comp. Molded, 76-2013/ 2884629, Rev.1
52.25​
52.25​
AI2252-01
1​
1​
EachFront Plate, Rev.1, w/Lip, Inj. Molded, 76-2013
25.00​
25.00​
AL1351-01
0​
1​
Side cover/ Scoop, 76-2013
(Bring to Customer Service for Inspection Before Shipping)
95.00​
95.00​
Subtotal​
172.25​
Discount (Replacement/Warranty Parts)​
-172.25​
Shipping Cost (FedEx Home Delivery)​
0.00​
Total​
$0.00​

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow… so did they change these parts in newer models?? All I know is that they had really good install directions/video… getting the cover on the unit was tough, but it made a good seal… and my air filter looks like new. Sorry yours had problems, but mine is great.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Wow… so did they change these parts in newer models?? All I know is that they had really good install directions/video… getting the cover on the unit was tough, but it made a good seal… and my air filter looks like new. Sorry yours had problems, but mine is great.
Getting the cover on the unit was a ROYAL PITA!! The seal looks tight on my unit. S&B is claiming that Polaris is known for having warped air boxes and is saying my air box is warped. I installed the new air box gasket provided by S&B and it is a tight seal.

As far as I'm concerned this is a total design fail.

·
Registered
2021 RZR Pro XP
72 Posts
I dont want to just shamelessly plug my channel but I had the same issue as EricB and I contacted S&B and they sent those parts over for free which is nice. I created a video with the updated parts, its basically a new seal and cover from what I gathered.

I havent taken the cover off recently to check my filter but I rode in really dusty conditions this weekend so I will have to give it look and see if its fixed!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I dont want to just shamelessly plug my channel but I had the same issue as EricB and I contacted S&B and they sent those parts over for free which is nice. I created a video with the updated parts, its basically a new seal and cover from what I gathered.

I havent taken the cover off recently to check my filter but I rode in really dusty conditions this weekend so I will have to give it look and see if its fixed!

Thanks for the video. S&B has my parts on back order. Customer service seemed a little hesitant on ordering these parts for me. The are claiming Polaris air boxes are warped causing a lot of this dust issue.

If these parts don't fix the problem I going to ask to have this unit exchanged for the original S&B separator. I know that style works.

·
Registered
2021 RZR Pro XP
72 Posts
Thanks for the video. S&B has my parts on back order. Customer service seemed a little hesitant on ordering these parts for me. The are claiming Polaris air boxes are warped causing a lot of this dust issue.

If these parts don't fix the problem I going to ask to have this unit exchanged for the original S&B separator. I know that style works.
Thats what I would do. I have contemplated doing the same honestly. I really like how the wheel well one is tucked away and not as out in the open but I think the tired kick up a ton of extra dust for it to filter where as the original just pulls dust from other riders and maybe a little from your machine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
How would the wheel well mounted one stay dry if your riding through puddles? Once it gets wet on the inside wont it just clog up?
'IF' working correctly, the air intake is above the fender just like stock.

But the other concern is the blower output is below the fender pointed directly at the upper portion of the shock. Since I ride I southwest AZ, splashing water is not that much of a concern. Now for those forging river/stream/mud this might not be the best choice.

·
Registered
2021 RZR Pro XP
72 Posts
How would the wheel well mounted one stay dry if your riding through puddles? Once it gets wet on the inside wont it just clog up?
Exactly like EricB said, if its all working the intake is up above, so you could clog the intake but i think it would be harder to do than having mud cake to the stock frog skins. I ride in some mud and water, no Louisiana mud bog type stuff but I don't drive around the puddles either. I haven't had any issues with it getting clogged. The "exhaust" port is so close to the shock you would have to really try to get mud stuck in it.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Does S&B sell the original style for the ProXP? Would you happen to have the part number?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Does S&B sell the original style for the ProXP? Would you happen to have the part number?
Yes the original particle separator is PN: 76-7013 for the Pro XP

Same price for both and both have the variable fan speed.

·
Registered
2021, PRO XP4
98 Posts
Glad yours works. Mine and a friend of mine is nothing but a dust sucker. I have the parts needed to fix it on order from S&B. Sure hope it fixes it otherwise it's history.
When installing mine had a issue with the air intake box not fitting the seal. Called S&B and they sent a new intake box and seal right away. Seals up nice now, with a St Anthony trip and many powdered dusty road trips and my filter is still nice and clean. Just checked yesterday and have virtually no sand/dust intrusion. I am also impressed with how clean my filter is, glad I installed the separator.

·
Registered
479 Posts
When installing mine had a issue with the air intake box not fitting the seal. Called S&B and they sent a new intake box and seal right away. Seals up nice now, with a St Anthony trip and many powdered dusty road trips and my filter is still nice and clean. Just checked yesterday and have virtually no sand/dust intrusion. I am also impressed with how clean my filter is, glad I installed the separator.
I'm waiting for the parts from S&B. The parts are back ordered.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts