Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with their S&B Particle separator Mine was pulling in a lot of dust and dirt So I decided to take it apart and give it a thorough cleaning Started to wonder where all the dirt was coming from so I hooked up a shop vac to blow back into the exhaust and check for leaks. The entire outside cover is leaking.Doesn't seem to fit too well at the ends at all So that means it's pulling in dirt. Has anyone else had this problem and was there a fix for I contacted customer support at S&B I am waiting for a reply

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
They warrantied the scoop on mine because there was an issue with some “shrinking”. It still doesn’t seal well. I put a bead of silicone on it and it seems to be good. I won’t buy another one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They warrantied the scoop on mine because there was an issue with some “shrinking”. It still doesn’t seal well. I put a bead of silicone on it and it seems to be good. I won’t buy another one.
Silicone would work if I have to. Waiting for customer service to get back to me and see if maybe they have a fix. Also seems like the discharge piece has shrunk a little is that possible?

·
The Lone Rzr
3,416 Posts

·
Registered
Current: 2022 Pro XP4 Ultimate | Former: 2013 XP4 900
91 Posts
Silicone would work if I have to. Waiting for customer service to get back to me and see if maybe they have a fix. Also seems like the discharge piece has shrunk a little is that possible?
There's another post on this very issue. I believe it's the one @185EZ mentioned above. S&B will take care of it if it's the same issue. Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's another post on this very issue. I believe it's the one @185EZ mentioned above. S&B will take care of it if it's the same issue. Good luck!
I've been talking to customer service they suggested a new Plenum seal, but I went to look at mine and it seems to be intact. What I did find is the Plenum is warped and curved up on both ends

Attachments

·
Registered
Current: 2022 Pro XP4 Ultimate | Former: 2013 XP4 900
91 Posts
As memory serves, S&B sent another poster a replacement for that very issue.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I noticed that same issue when I had to replace the motor. Some silicone seems to me to be the best remedy as the placement and lack of the screws appears to be inadequate. I did not think a new housing would make the difference needed.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Update I want to go riding.Temporary fix until S&B can figure out a fix for this. Sealed the Plenum with clear silicone I'll let it dry for 24 hours put it back on a machine and see what happens
Ya know….the S&B is just a pre filtering system right??
You could actually remove it and still ride…..many cars operate every day without it.

Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya know….the S&B is just a pre filtering system right??
You could actually remove it and still ride…..many cars operate every day without it.

Just sayin’

Yes I know but I'm here in southern Nevada and the dust is terrible I rather have some protection

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Well hello there neighbor!!
I get the dust thing, I’m out of Henderson….was supposed to be riding Gold Butte this fine weekend but sadly the cough and sniffle demons are having their way with us….ugggg. No worries though, it’s only a cold!!

Just wanted to make sure y’all remember that this is a supplemental device and should never stop a guy from riding!!

See ya out on the trail!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well hello there neighbor!!
I get the dust thing, I’m out of Henderson….was supposed to be riding Gold Butte this fine weekend but sadly the cough and sniffle demons are having their way with us….ugggg. No worries though, it’s only a cold!!

Just wanted to make sure y’all remember that this is a supplemental device and should never stop a guy from riding!!

See ya out on the trail!!

Well, talk about a small world. I am basically down the block from you. I ride out to Gold Butte all the time. Hope you feel better soon

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Which Particle Separator is this you’re having issues with? The Wheel Well or the Roll Bar (referred to on S&B website as Particle Separator 2) model?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I heard back from S&B customer support today. There sending me a new Plenum and gasket no charge.Hopefully this corrects my problem
There definitely a top-notch company that stands behind their product

1 - 20 of 20 Posts