Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The s and b rep I talked to said possibly it will be available to order direct through them as well. Not 100 percent on that. Waiting to see. The other thing he was able to say he was pretty sure about it’s a variable speed fan so when the engine is revved up the fan speed is faster and when the engine is at say an idle it’s quite a bit slower. Not sure how that’s going to work with if your coasting and let off the throttle if the fan speed lowers or not. The other thing is if it ever fails apparently it will default to 100 percent duty cycle. So why not just leave it 100 and run all the time is back there anyway. But I like that it’s out of the way now.
Noisy if runs at 100% all the time. Had an S&B on previous rig and got annoying

·
Registered
401 Posts
Noisy if runs at 100% all the time. Had an S&B on previous rig and got annoying
Don’t disagree. The current one is loud right behind my head. I’m thinking/hoping if it’s that far back under the rear fender if it’s on all the time I won’t really hear it back there anyways so why not have it all the way up to full cycle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One of the best improvements to the side by side rigs. After seeing the contamination of airboxes of my friends and watching them tap a crap ton of dust out of their filters, I will always have one on my rigs. I could care less about the noise really. With an add on performance muffler, stereos, rig to rig radios, I think a set of .25 cent ear plugs should be in every glove box. Patiently waiting for the PXP S&B models to hit the dealer. They should be quiet now that they're mounted next to the trunk.

·
Registered
401 Posts
One of the best improvements to the side by side rigs. After seeing the contamination of airboxes of my friends and watching them tap a crap ton of dust out of their filters, I will always have one on my rigs. I could care less about the noise really. With an add on performance muffler, stereos, rig to rig radios, I think a set of .25 cent ear plugs should be in every glove box. Patiently waiting for the PXP S&B models to hit the dealer. They should be quiet now that they're mounted next to the trunk.
Thats why I modified my old one. I just didn’t want to put the 500+ miles on this new machine without the particle separator. The dust that comes out of our friends is absolutely horrifying. We ride plenty of dusty silty areas. I don’t want any of it getting down into the motor so my old particle separator is on until the new one comes out for the pro xp

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ya, a lot more involved than previous versions. But, the filtration difference is worth it....if this model works as good as previous ones....which i'm sure it does.

·
Registered
401 Posts
thats quite a process but it looks like it could move a bit more air. Does anyone have any CFM numbers from the previous model to this?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Here's a link from a post when I was researching this. If you don't want to read my babbling it was for sure tested at 240cfm with no measurable loss and will flow 281 cfm for the turbo engine but he did not elaborate on if this had show any loss, with the pro xp having a bigger one and less ducting I'm guessing they determined that it was too close to their limits on the previous design. They will not talk numbers on the new unit until it's released.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here's a link from a post when I was researching this. If you don't want to read my babbling it was for sure tested at 240cfm with no measurable loss and will flow 281 cfm for the turbo engine but he did not elaborate on if this had show any loss, with the pro xp having a bigger one and less ducting I'm guessing they determined that it was too close to their limits on the previous design. They will not talk numbers on the new unit until it's released.

Appreciate the info! On looking at the intake I don't see where the air is sucked in. I know they say the original spot but none of the pictures actually show it as an intake.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts