Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I truly dont understand how that could be much cleaner with all the mud and water being thrown up on there from trails. I would love to see it in action when it comes out. The one on my xp 1000 made a world of difference so I know the produt works. Just wondering how it will down there

·
Registered
28 Posts
The air intake is at the top of the vehicle. No air is entering from the box in the wheel well. It should be just as clean as their other set ups.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Our riding season for me doesn’t start till end of may and that is if Coronavirus doesn’t get in the way. I’ve got time to wait for the pro S&B. At least I hope it’s ready by then. I’d hate to buy one like I had on my turbo xp now and by mid may the pro xp4 is out. That would suck.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think they said the price will be 499.
As far as other outlets, I was told by S&B they would not be selling via their website and orders would only process through Polaris direct or their dealers. Who knows how all turns out.

Im still scratching my head on why they haven't been released. Starting to wonder if there is some performance issue (restriction on air?) or reliability in this configuration that is a reason to hold this long. S&B says all have been ready for 6 plus months only waiting on “one last approval” to start selling.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well hmm any reason to not run our old ones on the pro xp so far?? I kept mine and don’t mind just throwing a tube in the intake.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Is it hard to measure intake suction? Is it possibly to measure intake suction with the particle separator on and off? That would tell us if it is restricting at all

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
I corresponded with S&B this week. Apparently there is a new/modified version which was recently sent to the Polaris engineers foe further testing. So, maybe there is an aspect they are wanting to address/improve.

·
Registered
401 Posts
for now just using my old one i luckily kept. It worked perfect on the last 925 cc turbo engine, don't know why it would be bad on this one. recently saw on Facebook possibly end of summer as the release date now

·
Registered
401 Posts
I didn't cut anything, just ran a tube down to the intake and took off the frog skin cover... didn't want to cut holes incase i end up buying the new one, hopefully they are working on an intake tube that is stronger and/or more rigid than the other and thats what is taking polaris so long. maybe it will get rid of the flimsy intake tube. One can hope right??

21 - 40 of 71 Posts