Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of plans for S&B to release a Particle Separator (or CVT belt breather) kit for the Pro series RZRs?
Picking up a Pro XP 4 later this week once the accessories are installed and with the type of dough these things command, makes sense to start with the protection right out of the gate. Plus, here in the southwest with dust and sand, even more desirable to have the additional piece of mind.
Will call S&B as well but thought the knowledge base here would be better than the random person answering the phone at S&B.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Intake system was teased at the PXP release as an inline under bed system. They say it should be out around new year but they have blown by deadlines in the past. Haven't heard of a clutch system yet for the PXP.

That said if you're handy at all and don't need plug and play, both their intake and cvt systems are easily adaptable. Intake you can clamp to a cage and connect intake tube to S&B tube. CVT might take a little more custom to mount under the bed with differences but cvt to S&B is again just a tube to tube connection.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting teaser... I'm certainly handy but wondered if there would be a higher flowing version, etc.
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
The PXP S&B was on display at the S&B booth at the Super Sports Sand Show and is very well thought out and will be available from both Polaris and us S&B authorized dealers. There's a hold up on Polaris's end so the release isn't until February but I am definitely going to wait for it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The PXP S&B was on display at the S&B booth at the Super Sports Sand Show and is very well thought out and will be available from both Polaris and us S&B authorized dealers. There's a hold up on Polaris's end so the release isn't until February but I am definitely going to wait for it.
Thank you Sandfreak. Sounds encouraging and worth the wait!
Do you have any other details?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I would just about guarantee it’ll be a mirror image of the CVT one that you can see on their website. It’s the same exact separator they’ve used on all the models above the bed, just has a baffle to block mud and water from splashing in it. It can handle at least 215 wheel horsepower before being restrictive

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I would just about guarantee it’ll be a mirror image of the CVT one that you can see on their website. It’s the same exact separator they’ve used on all the models above the bed, just has a baffle to block mud and water from splashing in it. It can handle at least 215 wheel horsepower before being restrictive

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume they will then release both their engine/Particle Separator in addition to the belt/CVT system hopefully by then.
Would love to slap at least the engine particle separator on right out of the gate to get through the break in period here in dusty AZ prior to a trip to glam is Jan 9th.
Thanks for the helpful information!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Would be cool if it’s possible to have a kit that hooks into the Separater that we already have, if the one particular separater could handle both.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Great to hear some positive news on this front...hope it is true.
Me to as soon as Craig can get one I’m getting one for my pro xp4. I’m worried the the intake tube may take up space in back storage area. Craig has a super nice cooler that fits my ride. I let my S&B go with my ride when I traded it. That thing was awesome. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just found out that Polaris is holding them up for approval.
Yes, that is what has been the bottom line since December at least.
Not sure the rationale unless they were continuing to test...who ultimately knows.
S&B had on Pro XPs in September at Glamis.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If the tube is modified. Is there any reason the XP 1000 particle separator can’t be made to fit? Or are they testing for increased airflow. Would the XP 1000 separator be to restricting?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've wondered the same thing on increased airflow. Would be nice Also, if you are able to find the pictures, they integrate the system with the factory intake location such that the vortex generators are encased in a sealed box that sits above the right rear wheel and below the intake sectionr rather than have a stand alone intake system you mount above the bed behind the head of the occupants or even higher on the roof with a tube to the airbox. Essentially they are beginning to integrate the unit into the factory air intake track. I think an improvement on the standard S&B units which are really separate and apart from the factory intake tract. The flimsy factory intake tube between the frog skin pre filter and the air box with filter appears to be replaced...a good thing and why I haven't already purchased the AA aluminum pipe for all my PXPs.
Ultimately we will all see. I hope soon!
DJ

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've wondered the same thing on increased airflow. Would be nice Also, if you are able to find the pictures, they integrate the system with the factory intake location such that the vortex generators are encased in a sealed box that sits above the right rear wheel and below the intake sectionr rather than have a stand alone intake system you mount above the bed behind the head of the occupants or even higher on the roof with a tube to the airbox. Essentially they are beginning to integrate the unit into the factory air intake track. I think an improvement on the standard S&B units which are really separate and apart from the factory intake tract. The flimsy factory intake tube between the frog skin pre filter and the air box with filter appears to be replaced...a good thing and why I haven't already purchased the AA aluminum pipe for all my PXPs.
Ultimately we will all see. I hope soon!
DJ
I cant find any pictures of what it would look like. were there any leaked photos of how they were trying to do it? id love to see it so i know what they were thinking of. are you referring to the like the Belt intake where it is above the rear wheel but below the fender or will this sit above the fender but right at the intake source?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts