Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have information on this? The wording of the Bill is weird. It states a minimum of 2400 cc's which makes no sense, I think they mean maximum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First page of bill

·
Registered
329 Posts
I saw that same post in the HMT facebook pages and the 2 comments that stood out to me about that, was someone said the 2400cc was a mis-print and is going to be corrected and another person said that the bill is meant to cover custom made sand-rails and dune buggies and not SxSs. Which case, if either, is true? Who knows, but I don't put a lot of faith in NC for caring about off-highway vehicles. Would be great if they did pass something like this, but of course that'd probably mean registering it and paying more taxes. I already paid over $1200 in sales taxes to buy it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea id love to get mine street legal but dont feel like being taxed on owning it every year, might be why they are allowing it to make more off people paying yearly taxes on toys

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
To the best of my knowledge it's not going to happen. NC does not even recognize legal licensed SXS from other states. Mine is licensed out of idaho but still not legal to drive on NCDOT roads.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bad news guys. How stupid is it to make it a requirement for a utility vehicle but not half the cars already on the road...(2400cc minimum)

Reactions: southernblood68

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
[
Mine is licensed out of idaho but still not legal to drive on NCDOT roads.
I think Idaho passed a new law that if you run Idaho plates you have to come here and ride at least once .....;)😁

Reactions: RZR_Joe

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So the way I read it, the bill passed the House 5/26 and the senate 4/26, is it law now? What is left?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts