Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of you, I was into offroading in my vehicle before getting a rzr. I went through a few jeeps that I built into rock crawlers. I still enjoy going to events, and using my rzr as transportation to support my friends, support my local shop, and to hang out and have a good time. Our local offroad club is having their annual offroad event in october and they decided to ban UTVs. They didn't ban them from competing, they aren't even allowed in the park. Have you heard of anyone else doing this?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That is total BS. They are just jealous that a stock RZR S will do more than their jeep with 5K in mods will do out at Moab and other similar places.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted on their forum, and after a few replies i finally got the truth "Sorry Bud, You can argue all you want and tell us how stupid it is. Simple fact is, this is a 4x4 club event, Members of the club have voted and that's the way it is, It's done!"

Guess they just don't like us... lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
I posted on their forum, and after a few replies i finally got the truth "Sorry Bud, You can argue all you want and tell us how stupid it is. Simple fact is, this is a 4x4 club event, Members of the club have voted and that's the way it is, It's done!"

Guess they just don't like us... lol
hate to burst their bubble, but a rzr is 4 wheel drive....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, im done arguing. At this point, they couldnt pay me to go to their event. If you live in Arkansas and plan on attending Rocktoberfest this year, dont plan on bringing your rzr.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
what park? I'm gona be at Superlift the 2nd weekend with both my FJ40 rock crawler and my RZR :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Byrd's Adventure center in Cass. I've never heard of an offroad event that didnt allow rzrs. so you should be good at hot springs. Ive gone to cass the past 4 years and the past 2 have been with my rzr. the sad thing is that I pay the same amount to get my rzr in that the other guys do to compete with their rock crawlers.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I didnt know anyone or any-one club controlled an area? So if you showed up? Is this private property? I would just extend your gratitude for their undying selflessness & just know that in the back of your mind that UTV's are HERE TO STAY, and as more and more people see, use, ride, & catch on, they will find its much cheaper than say a "jeep" & can be a whole lot more fun... I'm sure the tune will change with time! Kinda like snowboarding in the Olympics... They said it would NEVER happen! its not a real sport... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
pretty sure it's not cheaper...my FJ40 is street legal and 'might' have $15k invested in it...and will keep up with most :)

I was at Superlift in June and had a blast with both rigs...my sig image is from the top of Ingrids Revenge...following rigs on 42's makes things challenging!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its an Offroad park and the event is run by a local club. Like I said, at this point, They couldnt pay me to come to their event. They charge $115 for the weekend for you and your rzr. and there were easily over 50 atvs and utvs there last year. They are just throwing money away. I plan on getting back into rock crawling at some point, but I will never attend another Rockcrawlers4x4 event. And I'm sure the other atv/utv owners feel the same way.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
pretty sure it's not cheaper...my FJ40 is street legal and 'might' have $15k invested in it...and will keep up with most :)

I was at Superlift in June and had a blast with both rigs...my sig image is from the top of Ingrids Revenge...following rigs on 42's makes things challenging!
"Ingrids revenge" what a crazy coincadink~ My mothers name is Ingrid, and I just got my arse chewed for not answering her calls..... TODAY?? wierd, just wierd?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Its an Offroad park and the event is run by a local club. Like I said, at this point, They couldnt pay me to come to their event. They charge $115 for the weekend for you and your rzr. and there were easily over 50 atvs and utvs there last year. They are just throwing money away. I plan on getting back into rock crawling at some point, but I will never attend another Rockcrawlers4x4 event. And I'm sure the other atv/utv owners feel the same way.
Did they also ban ATVs, golf carts, baby strollers, coolers with wheels, etc or are they singling out UTVs? :rm_thumbdown:

·
Banned
399 Posts
Thats realy to bad if it is true. I dont care if someone has a jeep,utv,dirtbike,atv or even an atc. We are all there for the same reason to enjoy the great out doors!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thats realy to bad if it is true. I dont care if someone has a jeep,utv,dirtbike,atv or even an atc. We are all there for the same reason to enjoy the great out doors!
Roger That!!!,, 10-4 and no sh#t.

I'm sorry... not much gets me cranked up but...

What and who do these morons think they are!!!

Obviously a club to stay out of.

Long live the RZR!!:redrzr:

·
Registered
250 Posts
it could be a safety/insurance deal... When I go to mud fest at a local track near me, they do not allow any ATVs. only trucks and jeeps. had to have been street legal as some time.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Well I kind of see their reasoning.. If its a jeep/rock crawling club and they are doing the event its their choice. Its just different groups of people. I 100% hate getting behind jeeps when I'm trail riding.. They are Sooooooo slow. Like 10 MPH everywhere slow on trails we run 35-50.. They probably hate seeing a guy in a RZR come up behind them as much as I hate coming up behind them.. I have to admit the guys running around camp and event parking lots on sport quads blipping their throttle constantly gets on my nerves also. I could see how the Jeep guys would look at us in a similar fashion.
At the same time though if its a OHV event they should just get over it and let anyone interested in to come play.. More people=more money.. More money just means they can do it even better and bigger the next time...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts