Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone utilized the RzrAid tender springs for any length of time. After coming from a highly modified suspension on my last Rzr I’m trying to keep it simple on my new HL4. Just wanting to know if they are worth trying. I mainly ride OK/TX, so trails, mud, and basic rocks. Not a dune rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Been running mine for a year, and i can say that was probably one of the best mods I made to date...especially for only $230.

They were a little too stiff when I first put them on, but have since worn in to a sweet spot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live and ride in Oklahoma and have a set of rzraid springs on my 2016 xpt. I cannot tell you about long term as I only have about 400 miles on them. They have been awesome with a huge improvement in ride plushness and ride height. I have been to crossbar ranch, little Sahara and mulberry in Arkansas with them..... No complaints.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had mine for about 6 months. Big difference over stock. Probably no where close to a shock therapy overhaul but for $230 bucks, it is well worth it. The wife was the one who noticed it more. It also helped raise it up a bit more as well for a more aggressive looking mud machine. Get em, you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
1200 miles on mine. I’m just a trail rider and they work just fine for me. If I were a duner, I’d maybe consider more in depth work. Notta duner so they work on both my RZR’s

Im at 16.5” clearance. Spare tire and Isota box is stuffed full of tools, parts and a 2 ton bottle jack. It would take a couple pretty healthy Men to lift that box with its contents!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts

Since this review, I put a full year worth of riding on them. One of the best modifications I did to my XP1K HLE. Great ride and a lift at the same time. I actually removed the tenders prior to trading in my HLE and they are now installed on another HLE. Well worth every dollar.

One thing I did not touch base in on the video is the fact to make sure you have the ends of the springs lined up 180 degrees apart from each other. You will see the arrows on the black spacer. I didn't do this and noticed I was binding the springs to one side of the shock assembly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
https://youtu.be/ls289qXIQ_A

Since this review, I put a full year worth of riding on them. One of the best modifications I did to my XP1K HLE. Great ride and a lift at the same time. I actually removed the tenders prior to trading in my HLE and they are now installed on another HLE. Well worth every dollar.

One thing I did not touch base in on the video is the fact to make sure you have the ends of the springs lined up 180 degrees apart from each other. You will see the arrows on the black spacer. I didn't do this and noticed I was binding the springs to one side of the shock assembly.

@XMARGH Your video was the little push it took to convince me to purchase these tender springs. Have not had the machine out on a real trail ride yet, but I can tell from just running up and down our lane and around the property the ride is better for sure.

·
Registered
474 Posts
https://youtu.be/ls289qXIQ_A

@XMARGH Your video was the little push it took to convince me to purchase these tender springs. Have not had the machine out on a real trail ride yet, but I can tell from just running up and down our lane and around the property the ride is better for sure.
I found my '18 HLE to be far too rough for my liking while trail riding, I think once you really get on it through some bumps you'll see a big difference.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a set ordered and will make sure to take some measurements before and after install. Looking forward to completing my build and actually getting some riding done.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Love mine have had them on my 1000s for about 1300 miles with my 30's and springs my GC and handling is great. For the money best thing I added to my machine for sure.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So, what happens when you hit a big bump? I guess you wouldn't start using your main suspension spring until the tenders are coil bound, right? So the first 4" of travel or so is very soft--any worries about sway/rolling in the corners? My machine needs help on the ride--my Fox's are completely coil-bound.

·
Registered
474 Posts
So, what happens when you hit a big bump? I guess you wouldn't start using your main suspension spring until the tenders are coil bound, right? So the first 4" of travel or so is very soft--any worries about sway/rolling in the corners? My machine needs help on the ride--my Fox's are completely coil-bound.
If your goal is to retain a low center of gravity and a plush ride then be gentle on the amount of preload you set. You can't have Ground Clearance and a Low Center of gravity, something has to give. I did not find that my suspension was negatively impacted when I kept a modest spring pre-load. Also you are correct the spring tender helped really cushion the bumps and smooth things out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finished the upgrade. The ride is awesome for what little if done.
Factory clearance: 16 1/4”
Tender Upgraded: 18 1/2” less 1” of preload on all 4 corners.
IMG_0434.jpg IMG_0443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That must be a 2 gallon bucket if that’s 18.5” of ground clearance?

That was right after I set it down. Suspension hadn’t settled any. I need to take another but i ran over the bucket LoL.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just installed these this weekend on my XPT. I'm writing because I believe the pre-load starting point recommendations in the directions are in error. My directions say 1" for HL, 2" for Xp, and 2.5" for xpt on the fronts. I coudn't understand why my turbo would need more pre-load than a HL. Well I went with the directions against my better judgment figuring they know more than I. When I installed my shocks my 14" ride hgt was now 19", my short legs had trouble getting in the thing. Anyway instead of pulling the tires and shocks again, I spent a couple hours cussing as I backed off the preload a 1/4 turn at a time on the machine. I'm at 1 1/4 pre-load now with a 16" ride hgt. It's a totally different machine and I recommend to anyone wanting a plush wonderful ride. Just trying to save somone else the aggravation I went through. Start with 1" pre-load on the xpt while they're on the bench and you should be close.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts