Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the RZR4 and was about to buy an RG edition, but there's one small (big) problem, I weigh 200 lbs and so does my mate. and his Mrs is tall 5'10 so im figuring 160lbs.. plus my wife, i figure 700 Lbs +, thats 4 adults and a six pack rack. by my calculations thats less than 15hp per person not counting the frame weight into the calculation.... so perhaps 9-10 hp per person for the RZR4 all up is not exactly fast even on flat ground... let alone up a hill with 7 or 8 paddles on.. and its an auto.
Im sure its amazing with one or even 2 mid to small people stock but with a long travel kit and 4 above average adults its not enough power for me to warrant spending the $ 25,000 au on. It is for 4 after all.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
i only have driven a 4 with my family on the asphalt, very dissappointed, that's why i bought the s.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
rate of travel is subjective i guess. for example a 2011 ktm 250 sx (2-stroke) puts out 49 hp at the rear wheel, the rzr 4 has 10 hp more (at the motor) to push 4 people plus a massive frame and 4 wheels and 4 fox shocks etc..

Im not saying that the RZR4 isnt great fun.. im just saaying tell me you wouldnt love to go as fast with 4 people in her as you do with one .:)
plus if you consider the physics involved in pushing an RZR with a LT kit and 4 people its only logical thats its half as fast..

I didn't want to void the warranty with a 10,000 us $ turbo kit..straight of the bat.

also considering right now in Australia we pay the equivalent of over $23,000US + $ for a Robbie Gordon edition, Id prefer to wait another year or 2 than buy something with 59 hp...!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I think the RZR-4 is a great option for families with kids to ride in the back. for 4 adults you would be happier with 2 RZR-S unless you just want to put around.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Have you driven one with 4 people in it?
Have you?

I have.......you can't judge how it "Might" ride by the numbers...or "Logic" ....don't underestimate the 4.

What it may lack in shear power, it makes up by the fun factor of having four people experiencing the ride all at once (such as blast) - as opposed to two RZR's with 2 in each....not quite the same IMHO. :ride:

I have to assume you've watched the video...

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
What it may lack in shear power, it makes up by the fun factor of having four people experiencing the ride all at once (such as blast) - as opposed to two RZR's with 2 in each....not quite the same IMHO. :ride:

I have to assume you've watched the video...

QUOTE]jmattor

+1 on that:)

If you looking for more power Give K&T a call, they have a kit that will make a 2 seater look slow. 801-825-5870

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
guys i am sorry, i have a 4 and have chased pumped up rhinos and 2 seat rzr s's in the dunes with 4 big guys in it and i am 6'1" 300lbs and i can keep up just fine. it is not setting the world on fire with power but if you really want to go any faster do as auto_b said and buy an over priced sandrail.

The rzr 4 will impress you more than you think but dont expect a 700+ hp sand car with it and you will have the time of your life.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nah.... i think another 25 more hp is warranted for the RZR4.. especially given Can Ams current market offerings in a 2up side by side, like i said im sure its still great fun especially with one person.

Sorry if some of you are offended by this but it will happen....Polaris (will) release a side by side with more hp.....! Dont get mad.

And making a comparison between a proper sand rail and a $15,000 polaris RZR4 come on boys, id expect better from you. The lads at Tatum would be rolling over in their graves hearing that shite...

Who would compare a 80,000+ $ tig welded sand rail w 15-20" King travel on all corners and anything from a 13b turbo to a Corvette engine... with a Polaris RZR4 ..:rofl3:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Edra, the way I read it, nobody's offended, nor mad.

No doubt that the 4 could benefit from more ponies.....the guys with turbos in 'em are lovin' life.
A comparison between the 4 and a sand car wasn't made either - he just said that if the RZR 4 is too slow for you - go buy a rail.

In the meantime, while waiting for Polaris to come out with something better, faster, etc. what have you got.....:rollfinger:

I hope you get out there and ride somethin' while your waiting...life's too short to let it pass you by.....even if it is sittin' in the back of a RZR 4 yellin' Yee Haw!!! :ride:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Edra, the way I read it, nobody's offended, nor mad.

No doubt that the 4 could benefit from more ponies.....the guys with turbos in 'em are lovin' life.
A comparison between the 4 and a sand car wasn't made either - he just said that if the RZR 4 is too slow for you - go buy a rail.

In the meantime, while waiting for Polaris to come out with something better, faster, etc. what have you got.....:rollfinger:

I hope you get out there and ride somethin' while your waiting...life's too short to let it pass you by.....even if it is sittin' in the back of a RZR 4 yellin' Yee Haw!!! :ride:
X2:ride:

·
Registered
629 Posts
I love the RZR4 and was about to buy an RG edition, but there's one small (big) problem, I weigh 200 lbs and so does my mate. and his Mrs is tall 5'10 so im figuring 160lbs.. plus my wife, i figure 700 Lbs +, thats 4 adults and a six pack rack. by my calculations thats less than 15hp per person not counting the frame weight into the calculation.... so perhaps 9-10 hp per person for the RZR4 all up is not exactly fast even on flat ground... let alone up a hill with 7 or 8 paddles on.. and its an auto.
Im sure its amazing with one or even 2 mid to small people stock but with a long travel kit and 4 above average adults its not enough power for me to warrant spending the $ 25,000 au on. It is for 4 after all.
It has more power for what the average person is going to need on the trails. Sand is another story...

·
Registered
494 Posts
+2 on the turbo. Transformed my already capable "S" into a beast...a real handful. For <$5K, you can't beat the hp/$. Load up 4 adults and you'll be spanking them stock "S" 2 seaters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
:) lol, all good fella's, like i said im a fan of this product. but this is a fight we need to have right now on this forum otherwise we will not see change.

I should'nt have to drop another US 10.000$ dollars and void my warranty instantly to make it faster....just give me a little more out of the box Polaris.. Im not saying i want to rule Competition hill.. just give me say around 90 hp. Its my 20.000$ hard earned cash. show me the power.

It is after all the RZR4, its for 4 people right, its not a Toy for 4 kids according to the stickers.. its not marketed as a 2+2 or two adults and 2 kids.or pets.. Its for four full size people.. geez 25-30 more hp still is not amazing.!
There is no point in you guys contending an increase in power output of such a nominal amount as either dangerous or unneeded..

Even if it comes out 2 years from now with a 90hp motor it will be behind the times... people are currently hoping for 130, 170, even talk from guys of over 190 hp motors with some of these new turbo weber setups. 90 hp is'nt standing on anyone's toe's.

Im holding on to my cash to see what happens for now i think.. my 2011 ktm 250 sx will have to do. :-( boo hoo lol.

There is rumor of a Can Am X four seater with yellow n black beadlocks, better external res shocks all round, and err if my french was correct i think it was a 1000cc engine..hmmm chop chop Polaris.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:) lol, all good, like i said im a fan of this product. but this is a fight we need to have right now on this forum otherwise we will not see change.

I should'nt have to drop another US 10.000$ dollars and void my warranty instantly to make it faster....just give me a little more out of the box Polaris.. Im not saying i want to rule Competition hill.. just give me say around 90 hp. Its my 20.000$ hard earned cash. show me the power.

It is after all the RZR is for 4 people right, its not a Toy for 4 kids .. its not marketed as a 2+2 or two adults and 2 kids.or pets.. Its for four full size people.. geez 25-30 more hp still is not amazing.!
There is no point in you guys contending an increase in power output of such a nominal amount as either dangerous or unneeded..

Even if it comes out 2 years from now with a 90hp motor it will be behind the times... people are currently hoping for 130, 170, even talk from guys of over 190 hp motors with some of these new turbo weber setups.
How about not getting a warranty, also, what $10k turbo setup are you talking about? Most are 5K and you will get years of dependable use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the 130hp kit i saw was 9999$ us, i think it was the wasteland kit possibly but it included a whole new weber engine to handle the boost of course.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts