Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was curious if any of you 4 owners could chime in on the stock suspension and how plush it is compared to some of the other bolt on mid travel setups for the rzr or the stock rzr-s?

Has anyone had trouble with it bottoming out or being either too rigid or too soft? I read the thread about people with back pain/troubles saying the 4's were okay, but I'm 3 back surgeries deep and am getting to the end of my quad riding days.

The 1 good thing about a quad is I can stand up to avoid G-outs, etc. Can't do that strapped into a seat so I really need to step up to something super plush.

Thanks for any feedback!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I think that a good suspension seat in the 4 would be your best bet.

I've had my share of back injuries, although no surgery....just lived at a Chiropractor's office for about a year once :sad:

I have the stock seats and they are OK. I got spoiled by the seats in my buddy's sand car so I'll be upgrading at some point. I drive the RZR hard and rarely, if ever bottom out.

The longer wheel base makes a difference. I'll jump in the RZR over the quad any day...in fact, the quad is for sale.

Good luck with your choice.

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. Would like to get input from others with their experiences. Are aftermarket seats cramping leg room or are most people mod'ing the cage for more leg room?

We put aftermarkets in the gen 2 rzr and gave up a lot of leg room etc b/c of the mounts and firewall in the back of the cab. It was very cramped for me to be comfortable and ease the blows to my back.

Leg room is key - I noticed the passenger seat in the rzr4 up front has a lot of leg room...I would hate to have to ride biatch to be comfortable though ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts