Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took the RZR4 out to Glamis for the weekend. Needed to get some hours on it so I could get rid of all that break in fluid and start running it.

Overall I like it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the 08 Gen 3 we had. The suspension is amazing on my back! I was doing 50+ mph down sand highway and it was just eating up the whoops. There were a few really big whoops that bucked the rear end around a little but nothing that was too bad.

Even with two people in it we chewed up the whoops and G outs. We had to play around with air pressure in the paddles to get the most out of it and still couldn't climb Olds with 2 people in it, but we walked up the back side to the top no problems. I'm wondering if I should have gone with an 8 paddle instead of a 7?

We put about 100 miles on it in a day and a half and I'm really liking it. Of course I think it needs more power but I'm wondering if (for the time being) a dune clutch would give me what I want.

I'm not sure if its the power steering, the Mohawks or a combo of both but the front end felt WAY too loose for my taste. I have a feeling it was the mohawks grabbing other tracks and pitching us around a little...it sure keeps you alert.

The power steering saved us a few times and almost got us into a sticky situation once or twice. Previously we had put about 50 trail miles on it and thought it did well in that aspect too. No issues with it being too long with the trails we were on. The steering again felt a little splashy at high speeds on that ride too.

Over all I'd really like to put a turbo on it (fingers cross for the raffle) and look at either getting the shocks revalved or upgraded completely but other than that, tunes are the only thing missing. Its a great setup right off the showroom floor.

If anyone is going back and forth...do it!

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Good Deal!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts