Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have been running the epi clutch for about 6 months now. Definitely has better acceleration. I lost about 3 mph on the top end. Belt engagement on take off is around 2200-2300 rpm's. The sport utility and duner kit are the exact same kit, but they have different part numbers.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have been running the epi clutch for about 6 months now. Definitely has better acceleration. I lost about 3 mph on the top end. Belt engagement on take off is around 2200-2300 rpm's. The sport utility and duner kit are the exact same kit, but they have different part numbers.
so what is your overall impression? Does it have to rev up high and jumpy when you take off? Is it good for trail riding? Is the overall ride louder due to running at higher RPM's?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I just finished the install and it engages around 2200 rpm. It is not jumpy but has nice accecelleration, definetly more bottom end.. I am heading to Glamis October 19-21 so that will be the true test.. I rode on a stock clutch last year and didn't have a problem but I am hoping that with this clutch I will be able to climb more hills.. I will updat once I get back from Glamis.. thanks again.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just went up to silver lake sand dunes this weekend and was very impressed with the epi clutch. I took 4 adults up every hill in 2wd with stock bighorns. It definitely held in the power band better as I got towards the top of the hills. It will be a little louder when your trail riding because if your use to riding 15 mph, the stock clutch will be running at probably 500 to 800 rpm's lower at most speeds. It is worth the upgrade. Reverse is a little touchier but not bad. I never have any belt squeel.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What is the part number you guys installed?
Sport Utilty kit 0-3000' Stock tires WE436993. EPI told me for the rzr4, the duner kit and sport utility kit are the same thing, but they have different part numbers. I bought mine used off a guy on this site. It had the right springs, but the weights were set up for running 27" or bigger tires. I called EPI and got the correct weights(most expensive part of the kit of course). He said I could use the heavier weights if I rode with 4 adults all the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
I have an aftermarket heavy cage and mounted spare tire and haul two kids. I wonder if I should get the 27" tire kit insead? Hmm. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts