Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to thank Red Dog for the great experience I had with my recent purchase. I upgraded my suspension with his spring kit for my 2018 turbo 4 fox edition. He answered all my questions and responded quickly to all my PMs and even texted me during and after install to see how it was going! Red Dog was awesome to deal with and very helpful. Highly recommend!

The spring kit install was not overly difficult. I didn't even need to use spring compressors since it came with new billet spring retainers for the front shocks. The rears were pretty easy too. With the preload nut backed all the way out, I was able to compress the lower spring just enough with my hands so my wife could slip the spring retainer in. The whole project took me several hours. Setting the preload and adjusting the crossovers probably took the longest. Took the shocks off, adjusted, put back on, drove around the block, measured, repeated several times! Eventually, I ended up with 14 inch ride height in the front and 13.5 in the rear. My crossovers are 1 inch above the spring divider in the front and 2 inches above in the rear, when the machine is at ride height. I may end up adjusting the crossovers again after more riding (any suggestions?).

I went to Moab with my new springs installed over Christmas weekend. The ride was noticeably improved, so much softer! I had my sway bars disconnected for the rock crawling and noticed a lot more body roll with the new springs, which was expected. I will definitely put the sway bars back on when going faster. Moab had a big snow storm that week so I didn't get to ride as much as I wanted but it was still fun.

Thanks again Red Dog for the great customer service and personalized support! Will recommend to everyone I ride with!

Some before and after photos of the install attached. Final preload/crossover settings might be slightly different than the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and here's Hell's Revenge in some snow, riding with my new springs. You can see the new tenders on the front. Can't wait to get out and ride more with the new suspension!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Good to know I have them also, In putting them on I noticed a shock leaking so its at WE now but cant wait to get it back so I can also test them out. I do have to say he also anwsered all my newbie questions too being I knew nothing about shocks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I wanted to thank Red Dog for the great experience I had with my recent purchase. I upgraded my suspension with his spring kit for my 2018 turbo 4 fox edition. He answered all my questions and responded quickly to all my PMs and even texted me during and after install to see how it was going! Red Dog was awesome to deal with and very helpful. Highly recommend!

The spring kit install was not overly difficult. I didn't even need to use spring compressors since it came with new billet spring retainers for the front shocks. The rears were pretty easy too. With the preload nut backed all the way out, I was able to compress the lower spring just enough with my hands so my wife could slip the spring retainer in. The whole project took me several hours. Setting the preload and adjusting the crossovers probably took the longest. Took the shocks off, adjusted, put back on, drove around the block, measured, repeated several times! Eventually, I ended up with 14 inch ride height in the front and 13.5 in the rear. My crossovers are 1 inch above the spring divider in the front and 2 inches above in the rear, when the machine is at ride height. I may end up adjusting the crossovers again after more riding (any suggestions?).

I went to Moab with my new springs installed over Christmas weekend. The ride was noticeably improved, so much softer! I had my sway bars disconnected for the rock crawling and noticed a lot more body roll with the new springs, which was expected. I will definitely put the sway bars back on when going faster. Moab had a big snow storm that week so I didn't get to ride as much as I wanted but it was still fun.

Thanks again Red Dog for the great customer service and personalized support! Will recommend to everyone I ride with!

Some before and after photos of the install attached. Final preload/crossover settings might be slightly different than the photos.
Who is this Red Dog that your speaking of, i been looking for a set of those lower spring retainers on your front shocks and haven’t been lucky finding them, could you let me know where i could find them, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,573 Posts
One search of the forum shows:

www.reddogps.com 760-774-3955

Might this be it?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
That is the correct phone number. I have had a few dealings them, very good business.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
If Red Dog does not work out give zbroz racing a call
they sell a spring kit that uses the billet lower retainers and may sell just the retainers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts