Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
They took two separate lines and the driver in the xp was going slower (at least from what I can tell). My standard s doesn't bounce that much at the right speed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i think they took 2 different lines,
i saw the a/c this weekend in barstow and gave it a real good look over, and was not that impressed it was literally falling apart , but i must say these were the test cars and if they take the info from these and make the changes and truly work out the bugs for next year they will be a great sxs but i would not waist money on the first year of this machine , while a/c is on the rite track with great ideas , i feel they have a little ways to go first.
i can tell you this by the time 2015 comes around there will be some sick ass factory utv's out there the way these guys are going.

·
“Super Genius”
705 Posts
Those videos really do speak volumes.
All else being equal, the AC really does dominate in the whoops!

Now they just need to work the quality control bugs out, and they will really have an amazing machine!

Great videos!

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
No question Wildcat can go faster than XP, but with AC reputation for bad quality, will be interesting for how long you can ride fast like that, without machine breaking in pieces .:question:
milos

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
No question Wildcat can go faster than XP, but with AC reputation for bad quality, will be interesting for how long you can ride fast like that, without machine breaking in pieces .:question:
milos
X2 just look at the prowler although different than rzr and wildcat it was supposed to be game changer but had tons of problems

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
milos
X2 just look at the prowler although different than rzr and wildcat it was supposed to be game changer but had tons of problems

"tons of problems"... based on what? the internet forums?
If you read this forum you would think that Polaris has "tons of problems"... but that is the nature of forums. People post a lot about problems they are having, so it seems like a "ton".

·
Dune Junkie
267 Posts
I believe the AC is smoother on the woops, but if you're gonna make a comparison, atleast make it at the same speed and the same lines..

·
Registered
124 Posts
a group of us drove the wildcat at winchester bay in oregon,over the weekend.every body had the same opinoins.wont be jumping the fence.definately down in hp over the xp,felt like driving a rhino.no matter what you are not hitting the rough stuff at the same speed.did feel good over the whoops but had a floaty feel to it,alot of body roll.cockpit was nice,nice leg room,nice seats.no passenger grab handle and no plans for 1,has a clutch pack in the rear differential to take the hit from the big engine,this is supposed to keep it from beaking things.the rear trailing arm setup is too big to run anything but 14 inch wheels.they are on the right path,just have to get it dialed in.the point that impresses me the most ,is that it is 2 american companys that are leading the sXs charge.

·
Registered
136 Posts
milos

Well all of the PREPRODUCTION units that are being used right now for comsumers to drive and test have over 500 miles and some have over 3,000 miles. And we all know magazine writers and web site writers plus JoeBlow consumer isn't driving these units nicely. So if they haven't fallen apart yet I might guess they will hold up pretty well. But who knows?? The production units could still be junk. :rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really am not concerned about problems of an arctic cat anything. I watched this video and I don't think it was a fair comparison. We all have seen the xp run I'm sure and that was not a good run by that driver. He needed a heavier foot and stay to the right and take the same line the wildcat took. I want to see the two run side by side at the same speed and then compare. I think Polaris has a great product and dont want a comparison video to be skewed in any way.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe the AC is smoother on the woops, but if you're gonna make a comparison, atleast make it at the same speed and the same lines..
Uh, I didn't make any comaprisons. I just happened to catch the two going across the same woops on video

And for the record the XP was on the easy line.

·
Registered
480 Posts
That guy didnt even hit the whoops as fast as the cat did

These are how to perfectly hit whoops. If u go slower than you will look like that video lol

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I do think the wildcat will be smoother, but that last video of the xp is bad a$$! hold it to the floor & hope for the best!!! LOL

·
Registered
480 Posts
With whats on paper that much travel it should be smoother. If hit the same line. Same speed. Same rider weight it would be hard to tell. You would need deeper woops to hit. The ones they did were not that big. I am expecting that cat to handle better.

The video posted was a horrible comparison thats all i am sayin lol

·
bonsi
60 Posts
the AC is over a foot longer, 4 more inches travel, i would hope it handles better over whoops. this is second hand- talked to a guy who did the test drive in Oregon and he said compared to his xp that it sucked, better in the whoops but doesn't turn, felt under powered and was wishy washy, nice interior tho. like i said second hand, no info on how many miles on it

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
i agree the rzr xp was moving alot slower through the whoops. i would like to see the same speed run. earlier it was mentioned i can't wait until 2015 to see how awesome the utv's are. how about wait until 2012 to see.
i was at trail fest in gilbert wv last month and demo rode the xp, rzr 4, 2012 s and every can am possible including the limited and x models multiple times.
polaris rep said they drop 2x year. so that should put them dropping new models around february 2012 and again around august 2012.. don't think the xp is the end game. its only the beginning .. polaris will not allow any utv to outdo them..

second the rep at can am said they are currently working on a sand rail to rival the xp and wildcat as we speak..
i love that arctic cat came out with the wildcat now i can own polaris' answer in 2012..
also think about this..
$4500 difference between the 2011 s and xp .. take the difference and add mt3-s with progressives now u have 13 1/4 inch travel $1600 roughly, grim reaper 8 ply tires $450, offset sti hd1 wheels $220 now your 64 wide but not stiff like the xp with steering, pro armor doors $600, roof $150, pro armor 5 points $250, twisted stitch bench $700, seat base lowering kit $120, new clutch kit for improved bottom end $200 now your at the cost of the xp ..

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
i love that arctic cat came out with the wildcat now i can own polaris' answer in 2012..
also think about this..
$4500 difference between the 2011 s and xp .. take the difference and add mt3-s with progressives now u have 13 1/4 inch travel $1600 roughly, grim reaper 8 ply tires $450, offset sti hd1 wheels $220 now your 64 wide but not stiff like the xp with steering, pro armor doors $600, roof $150, pro armor 5 points $250, twisted stitch bench $700, seat base lowering kit $120, new clutch kit for improved bottom end $200 now your at the cost of the xp ..
Im sorry I will take an Xp because that 900 motor can be built up and reliable. Its capable of high reliable hp unlike the 800. Not saying the Rzr S isnt awesome in its own. Its still better in my opinion than a commander, Rhino or Teryx. I had a 50" to start off and I loved it. Now I just love my ride even better. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts