Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Formerly Racer Tech
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we go. First new product from our new shop. We've had our XP in house for a while now and we've obviously been crashing UTV's for years now so by using our experience and resources I decided to start with the obvious stuff first. Here's the fix for about the weakest link on the RZR XP 900. These Radius Rods are a direct bolt-on replacement and work with the OEM trailing arm and knuckle/spindle. They are 1.25" dia. 4130 cond. N Chromoly and use 5/8" FK heim joints. The lower rod is designed to be a fixed length by turning the heims all the way in so they bottom out on the nut. This will help reduce issues with setups gone wrong. The upper rods have a little room for adjustments for the inclined rider to tweak the handling a little bit if desired.

We've already bent these and spoke to others who have as well. Heck, I literally bent one by kicking it! We will be releasing these on our website this week yet and posting in our vendor section with the official release including pricing. If you have questions please just get with Tony. I'm busy wrecking this thing and designing new parts for it... :hihi:

BTW, We have a lot of new things coming out for the RZR XP now that our big move is done. If there's something you have in mind there's a good chance we're already doing it. Feel free to email, PM or call if you'd like to discuss some ideas.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Actually I was the crash test dummy on this build. I got to take it down to Durhamtown for the UTV Rally Raid and see what the XP is all about (also the race was awesome!).
We got tie-rods done also but I see Andy didn't give you pics of them yet. Stay tuned!

·
Formerly Racer Tech
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys! To answer some initial questions, I really don't feel good about bent rods... It's kind of counter productive. You know how it's way easier to bend something when it already has perforations in it of some sort? Like a piece of paper and a perforated line, or slit on the edge of drywall panels before you snap it?... A bend in a tube is the same way. If this is what people really want I'll figure out a way though. I have an idea but it will cost more.

These are tubes not rods. I would never use a solid rod for a suspension component like this. These are made from 1.25" dia. x .095" 4130 condition N Chromoly. This is lighter and stonger than any solid rod.

I'm doing a breakdown for pricing today. Should have these up on our site by Friday. They won't be cheap but they won't be expensive either... I'm sure that helps right? ;)

I don't have a weight total or gain yet but I will by the time they are listed on the site. It's not a huge gain though and well worth it.

I haven't changed vehicles on my profile to the XP yet for two reasons; 1. This one is Tony's baby unless I fall too in love w/ it and take it back. lol 2. I have something in the works right now that will eat the XP for a snack anyways... :hihi:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts