Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Unfortunately, its not that easy. If you lengthen the wheel base only, the rods have to be longer, or it will make the rear end narrower or change toe. Plus, its hard to say when the radius rod ends would start binding since they are pivoting back further. We can achieve it with our MTS kit, because we are also going wider as well. If you wanted to use the extensions we make, you would have to have longer axles and radius rods, because they also move the wheel out wider. We never tried to just make a wheel base extender kit, so i can't say for sure. You might be able to get away with 1" back or something, without modifying axles or radius rods, but then the trick is the actual plate that moves it back. Plus, the rear toe will change too. The rear end of these are very sensitive to change. If one thing changes, most likely everything will need to change to make it work correctly. It took a lot of time to set up these rear ends the way we did.

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Makes sense, the thought just popped into my head and has to ask. I just didn't give it enough thought before asking. Thx

Sent from me using my phone...

·
Registered
283 Posts
We just got the MTS +3 stage 2 kit and we're wondering what length shocks (overall and shaft travel) this kit was designed for to get the most out of it. Also recommended spring rates and valving would be helpful. None of this information was listed on the install instructions. Thanks.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We just got the MTS +3 stage 2 kit and we're wondering what length shocks (overall and shaft travel) this kit was designed for to get the most out of it. Also recommended spring rates and valving would be helpful. None of this information was listed on the install instructions. Thanks.
Kevin,

The 3 shock companies we have partnered with all have that information for this kit. Elka, Fox and PEP UTV (who revalves and re-springs the stock shocks). I highly recommend getting shocks that are already set up for the kit. If your wanting to do all the tuning and set up yourself, PM me, and I can get you more details.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Kevin,

The 3 shock companies we have partnered with all have that information for this kit. Elka, Fox and PEP UTV (who revalves and re-springs the stock shocks). I highly recommend getting shocks that are already set up for the kit. If your wanting to do all the tuning and set up yourself, PM me, and I can get you more details.

Thanks,
Greg
Okay, so the PEP option uses stock shocks thus not the extended 1" shafts? Do both the Elka and Fox options offer the longer shock? Been a while since any updates, are there any new developments or options?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
22,920 Posts
Greg no longer works for Lonestar and he was the one posting on the forum ..so you might want give them a call

·
Sand Slinger
1,264 Posts
Greg no longer works for Lonestar and he was the one posting on the forum ..so you might want give them a call
Thanks Johnny, good to know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

41 - 50 of 50 Posts