Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought the lock and ride box, and i have the polaris cab frame extension.

heres the issue. in order to get to the air box you have to remove that flap on the box, and thats where the cargo box fits. not a big deal since polaris claims its "Lock and ride" well it doesnt work that way with the frame extension.

you have to physically remove two of the lock and ride groments everytime. so its no lonnger lock and ride. its lock, unscrew, screw back in. and ride.

not very impressed with the designers on this product, especially since they say it works with there own cab frame extension.

rant over lol..

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
GOOD INFO..... looking at same setup on my new XP.Gives me something to think about:scared2:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the box itself is nice, its just you have to wrestle with it to get in place with the frame extension. i am just not impressed with how the designers thought this process out.

every time i want to change my air filter i have to unscrew two of the 4 grommets.

defeating the whole "lock and ride" feature which is one of its main selling points.

·
Administrator
50,392 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have the same setup. What I did was take the two out under the bar and leave the two attached to the air filter cover. It's a little tough to get in and out but you can get it. All you have to do us unlatch the cover and wiggle the box out. With it latched it's snug enough that it won't go anywhere.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the same setup. What I did was take the two out under the bar and leave the two attached to the air filter cover. It's a little tough to get in and out but you can get it. All you have to do us unlatch the cover and wiggle the box out. With it latched it's snug enough that it won't go anywhere.
so just leave it in with two anchors instead of all four?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same setup on my XP, cab ext with lock and ride box. I use three of the four lock bolts with one toward the back of the rzr. I took some of the washers from the rear bolt and put them on the inside of the box to shorten the locking portion on the bottom of the box. That way the box slides in easier and you still have three locking bolts on the bottom of the box.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
So without the cage extension, are you guys running into the same problem of, if you have all 4 Lock & Ride things in place in the cargo box, you cannot get the cargo box in place, IE- the front portion of the box hits the cage and this prevents the Lock and Rides from going far enough forward to drop into their perspective holes? I just made a thread asking this (hadn't found this one yet), cuz I had to keep the front right one out, then once the box was in place, had to install it with a wrench from the bottom side. Yes, definately not Lock and Ride if you have to use a wrench to take it out!

·
Registered
905 Posts
The xp4 may be different but on my XP I could use all 4 mounts if not for the roll cage extension. I'm using 3 per the directions. You're supposed to leave out the one in the back right corner. I still have to get it just right with 3 in before I can take it out and out it in but it will go. I've never had an issue with the front hitting the rack. Mine always hits where the cage extension cut out is.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ya, mine came with 4 Lock & Rides, and showed all 4 being used in the picture (no written instructions). Why don't they want you to use the back right one on your year and model (no problem with mine, must just be different setup?)

·
Registered
905 Posts
You don't use the back right one only if you have the polaris cage extension. You can use it if you want but you have to take it apart like the others were saying.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When you say "back right one", if standing at the rear of th RZR, with the cargo box installed, are you talking about the right one that is closest to the front of the RZR or the right one that is closest to the rear/bumper of the RZR?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Rear right one closet to rear bumper

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have to end up taking apart the right one that is closest to the front of the RZR, not the one that is closest to the bumper. I don't think we are are on the same page.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts