Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Went with Makin Trax Steve for a run in this XP4 and WOW this thing really impressed me as well as Steve. Power was nice to have, WE Suspension was even better that I could have imagine out of the box! Steve was even impressed- hammer a couple sets of whoops at speed and I just looked over at him like REALLY did we just do that. With each upcoming set of whoops you could go at them with confidence.

The EPS was a real bonus. I never had one with it but man I can see why everyone that does loves it.

Home Run Polaris Home Run!

·
Administrator
50,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lonnie ,I had pretty much the same results ,the stock shock settings are way to stiff ,I dialed the demo in and it seamed to be right on the money .She pushes in the corners if your not on the gas just like the 2 seater ,its more pronounced in the 4 because of the longer wheelbase ,If your on the gas like you should be you can drift the corners nicely ,The extra power is just what the rzr 4 needed .She floats through the whoops ,If you want to carry the family out for weekend rides the new XP 900 with EPS and the WE shocks is the Ticket ....:):):)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Frank,

Talk to me about the shock adjustment. My experience in the 3-4 miles I've put on mine before I screwed up my ankle closing a gate, was that it rode great compared to my RZR 50". :)

The power steering is great, glad I went with the LE EPS. It seems to have loads more torque than the 800, especially at lower speeds. Doesn't seem to rev as much to get it moving.

I've got a month to get mine adjusted before the big black boot comes off. :(

Of course, it's my left ankle so I an still drive. Just need some one to get it on and off the trailer. :rofl3:

Going Friday to get the windshield, rear window, roof and Pro Armor black doors with graphics installed. Pics to follow.

·
Administrator
50,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frank,

Talk to me about the shock adjustment. My experience in the 3-4 miles I've put on mine before I screwed up my ankle closing a gate, was that it rode great compared to my RZR 50". :)

The power steering is great, glad I went with the LE EPS. It seems to have loads more torque than the 800, especially at lower speeds. Doesn't seem to rev as much to get it moving.

Of course, it's my left ankle so I an still drive. Just need some one to get it on and off the trailer. :rofl3:

Going Friday to get the windshield, rear window, roof and Pro Armor black doors with graphics installed. Pics to follow.
Hi Lyndal , I took most of the preload out of the rear springs and added a little preload to the front springs ,The rear compression i adjusted 5 clicks up from the soft postition ,the front compression is 6 clicks up from soft .this setting worked for carrying 2 adults and 2 children in the RZR .:)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Frank,

Hi Lyndal , I took most of the preload out of the rear springs and added a little preload to the front springs ,The rear compression i adjusted 5 clicks up from the soft postition ,the front compression is 6 clicks up from soft .this setting worked for carrying 2 adults and 2 children in the RZR .:)
Thanks for posting the info Frank. I am going to try this before this weekend's trip to the desert. Quick ??, did you use the factory spanner or did you find an aftermarket wrench that fit it. I tried mine out on the trail and could not get the rear ring to budge, I didn't try to hard because I didn't want to fight all four while trailside. Any tips for cranking the rings up and down? Thanks--Nate

·
Registered
46 Posts
Frank,

Thanks for posting the info Frank. I am going to try this before this weekend's trip to the desert. Quick ??, did you use the factory spanner or did you find an aftermarket wrench that fit it. I tried mine out on the trail and could not get the rear ring to budge, I didn't try to hard because I didn't want to fight all four while trailside. Any tips for cranking the rings up and down? Thanks--Nate
Frank & Scotty dialed in my XP4 at the rally and man what a difference it made. Jacked up the rear end to back off the preload. I ran 4 clicks from soft in rear & 5 clicks in front with 3 passangers.

Thanks Frank & Scotty for all your help & what a great rally! Can't wait till next year!!!
Lance

·
Administrator
50,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frank,

Hi Nate you need to jack up the car and get the load off the springs ,:)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Frank, thanks for the recommendations. I'll get these done after I get this damn boot off. :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Frank & Scotty dialed in my XP4 at the rally and man what a difference it made. Jacked up the rear end to back off the preload. I ran 4 clicks from soft in rear & 5 clicks in front with 3 passangers.

Thanks Frank & Scotty for all your help & what a great rally! Can't wait till next year!!!
Lance
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hi Nate you need to jack up the car and get the load off the springs ,:)
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks Lonnie ,I had pretty much the same results ,the stock shock settings are way to stiff ,I dialed the demo in and it seamed to be right on the money .She pushes in the corners if your not on the gas just like the 2 seater ,its more pronounced in the 4 because of the longer wheelbase ,If your on the gas like you should be you can drift the corners nicely ,The extra power is just what the rzr 4 needed .She floats through the whoops ,If you want to carry the family out for weekend rides the new XP 900 with EPS and the WE shocks is the Ticket ....:):):)
Thanks for all your help Frank. I made these adjustments last night ans I'll try them out this weekend in the desert. Thaks--Nate

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Guys, What did you use to adjust the preload? No tool in the tool kit that looks like it will fit.

Also, My doors did not arrive so waiting at least another week to get them put on. They may ship today.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Guys, What did you use to adjust the preload? No tool in the tool kit that looks like it will fit.

Also, My doors did not arrive so waiting at least another week to get them put on. They may ship today.

A screwdriver. Jack up the rear, take the load off the springs and you can almost do it by hand.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks for all your help Frank. I made these adjustments last night ans I'll try them out this weekend in the desert. Thaks--Nate
Everything was great, bottomed the rear on 1 landing so I'll add just a little back to the rear coil. Rear is about 1/2" preload now, it was about 1 1/4" stock. I'll try it at 7/8"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts