Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put a new set of batteries in my 2012 rzr 800. it started right up, all connections are tight, but when I turned it off, that was it. now it won't even turn on when I turn the key, no noise, no lights, nothing. I double checked the batteries and they are fully charged. I don't know where to even start to look for the problem.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Check the ignition switch, had one come apart (in the back) on my 2015 XP1000. Was able to reach up behind dash and push in on it and got power. Small plastic clip on switch had broken off.

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked the ignition switch, and everything seems to be good. it ran fine, everything worked for all of 3 minutes after I replaced the batteries, now nothing.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,115 Posts
You say batteries....are you running two batteries with an isolater? Or what kind of setup do you have for the batteries?

I would suspect battery cables or the ground at the battery, or something came unplugged inadvertently during the switch...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is a picture of my gauges with the key on, my amp switch, which is the only thing getting any kind of power, and my battery set up. everything is hooked back up the way it was on the old batteries, all connections are tight. just no power. I even tested the batteries and they are fully charged as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
When you press the brake to start, there is a switch which goes bad. I don’t know if this keeps it from cranking, but it being bad will keep it from starting. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where is the switch and how do I check it? will It keep power from getting to the gage panel/ignitionswitch?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
The gauge would still come on if it was the switch. Try pulling the fuse I think it’s also for headlights and inspect it well or even replace it. I had the same thing happen and the fuse had a hard to see crack. I hope this helps sorry if it doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Did you check fuses under drivers seat?
Also check ring terminal (with a bunch of wires) on starter solenoid that supplies power to all the circuits on RZR. They have been known break off.

ring term.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also check ring terminal (with a bunch of wires) on starter solenoid that supplies power to all the circuits on RZR. They have been known break off.

View attachment 584102

I don't have a ring terminal with a bunch of wires to it, and have never had. I did try starting it at the solenoid, and still nothing. I checked the fuses under the dash in the firewall, is there another set of fuses under the seat that im not seeing?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,115 Posts

View attachment 584102

I don't have a ring terminal with a bunch of wires to it, and have never had. I did try starting it at the solenoid, and still nothing. I checked the fuses under the dash in the firewall, is there another set of fuses under the seat that im not seeing?

If you jumped the main terminals at the solenoid and the starter didn’t engage... you have a battery cable connection, or battery, problem.

I’ve also never dealt with a 2012 800... but that small two battery setup doesn’t look like a factory Polaris setup at all, Everything in there would be the biggest problem suspect to me

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
The ring terminal may have been moved when second battery was added.
Check for it at battery isolator.

The power fuses are located below battery box.
You should be able to access them thru left rear wheel well.

power fuses.jpg

power fuses photo.JPG

·
Registered
63 Posts
This has happened to me. It turned out to be a connection behind the panel behind driver's seat. It is a strange connector that slides on two posts. The connector can slide off of the posts or gets dirt on them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts