Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2010 RZR S a few months back and my wife wants to put a windshield on it. I have heard good and bad about using windshields. Tell me what kind you are running and how you like it. Thanks for the info!

·
In His service!
357 Posts
The POPO full windshield is what we have. Like it, yes. Wish it was easier to take off. It snaps on real well.
I wish someone made a quick attach conversion for it.

Also, with a full windshield, I think others will agree that a rear windshield is then needed due to dust swirll in the cab area. I have a rear windshield as well and it does help.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I notice that Super ATV makes one that looks just like the Pure Polaris windshield and is about half the cost. I think I will be getting it when the time comes.

·
Warranty Voider
355 Posts
I have a Pure Polaris 1/2 windshield. It helps a little with the wind, but not as much as I had hoped. Also brings in a lot more dust (I don't have a rear windshield).
It has stopped quite a few grasshoppers from hitting me in the face, so it does the job. :)
I'm sure this winter I'll be wishing I had a full windshield.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I like the stock half windshield with the UTV Tech windshield stiffener. Best $50 I've spent. Looks great, and places the windshield about 2" above the hood to allow for a little circulation, but still blocks the dust. Love it.

UTV Tech

·
Registered
191 Posts
x2 on the EMP "cooter brown" full windshield. Easy on and off, great company to deal with!

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I have a 1/2 windshield. We get plenty of circulation and it sends 90 percent of the sand i used to get in the face over our heads and if I get mudded, I can still see over it. If you've ever ridden a motorsikkle with a windshield, you are supposed to be able to see over the top of it and this is the same concept I guess. Knocks most of the F.O.D. over your head but you still get the air circulation.
I do need a stiffener though. I can see the thing flopping all over the place while hauling it on the trailer. Plus, you can see it flex a lot when driving it fast or in a stiff wind.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Trail armor here. Top section keeps wind, dust and bugs out. Bottom section attaches when raining or cold weather. The way it is designed, it seems to keep the vaccum from sucking in the dust. Works for us anyway. My .02

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I love this windshield. Its the best of both worlds.

RZR Full Tilting Windshield
any pros/cons to this one? looks interesting. How easy does it come off?
I have this one as well....or HAD this one, as I won't be able to use it with my new cage...I know for sure I can't use the top half because of the intrusion bars, but it works great on the stock windshield.

It comes off very easily, just remove the thumbscrews - no tools needed.

I'm going to miss it, I may have to go with a 1/2 sheet of lexan or something.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I love this windshield. Its the best of both worlds.

RZR Full Tilting Windshield
any pros/cons to this one? looks interesting. How easy does it come off?
Taking it off is actually easy. I havent really gone that far though much b/c tilting it forward gives nice airflow and you still have protection for your upper body. I would like to mention I had an upper mount break on me at one point and they sent another one to me for free. I personally think it was just a bad molded part that got through. Great customer service sent me a replacement that week. Even with the broken mount it stayed on and I rode with it like that for a short time. Other than that I no scratches at all and I have driven through quite a bit of brush up here in Pa. I highly recommend it!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts