Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday we raced again at the stock car track, this time the owner of the wildcat had a different driver, actually the owner of the arctic cat dealer.... they lowered the suspension on it and put some bighorn tires on it, so i lowered mine, (the silver one), and there was a red xp 900 lowered along with my wifes pink xp 900 that was still at stock ride height, and a rzr s 800, the driver in the red xp 900 has never raced before... on about lap 7 or 8 you can see i backed off the throttle you can also see me reach out and tap on my door telling him to come on, and let the cat catch me, he ran into me in the corner and broke the plastic rocker panel on the cat, almost spun me out then i pulled away again.. lol notice i let him start in the front and i started in the back...

as stated in the prior postings, driver makes a huge difference, on the last races we were not going half as fast, the guy driving the wildcat this weekend was a much better driver than the last time, and also an example of driver is the red xp is actually faster than my silver xp because he has a pipe and i dont, suspensions were set up the same and i lapped the red one, i was pushing it way harder in the corners than he was...

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Great video. I watched the last one too. I'd say drivers make all the difference.

I do think the Cat did really well. I watched this very closely & I must say the Cat driver was loose but still better IMHO. However you could see (or it appeared) that the Cat driver had his UTV pegged almost the entire race. Your 900 was able to slow on the turns & power out. I think the Cat was dialed in better for the track & that was to his advantage but you just had too much power. I truly believe with more practice you could have had a better controlled drift & just killed the W-Cat!

Great job! You raced far better than I would have. I'm curious how much wheel time the W-cat driver had?

Maybe I'll spin down to Kenia & race with you guys!

Still working on my baby :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Great video. I watched the last one too. I'd say drivers make all the difference.

I do think the Cat did really well. I watched this very closely & I must say the Cat driver was loose but still better IMHO. However you could see (or it appeared) that the Cat driver had his UTV pegged almost the entire race. Your 900 was able to slow on the turns & power out. I think the Cat was dialed in better for the track & that was to his advantage but you just had too much power. I truly believe with more practice you could have had a better controlled drift & just killed the W-Cat!

Great job! You raced far better than I would have. I'm curious how much wheel time the W-cat driver had?

Maybe I'll spin down to Kenia & race with you guys!

Still working on my baby :)

Your RZR is turning out to be an AWESOME build!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
This is like flat track.......does not mean squat imho.Does not show the weakness of any of the SXS"s racing other then driver ability and top end speed.We all know the AC will kill any Polaris in suspension but will fail everywhere else.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Sounds good pm me and I will give u my number. We ride every weekend
I'll PM you when I'm up & running. Shouldn't be long.. Later next week (busy installing new carpet for my Sons room).

[Your RZR is turning out to be an AWESOME build!!!
Thanks, I love it. Its just my injuries that have stopped me lately. I'm back now & slowly working on it!

This is like flat track.......does not mean squat imho.Does not show the weakness of any of the SXS"s racing other then driver ability and top end speed.We all know the AC will kill any Polaris in suspension but will fail everywhere else.
Ahh Ken, you know its just for fun. :) At least its something new to watch :D I've got to get down to Kenia and join them.... Just a LONG~ slow drive! Still, I think it'll be worth it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts