Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, in the market to buy a new rzr turbo. Don’t want to spend 20K+ on a rzr and they completely change the model in 2020. Think they will be changing anymore the model ?

What kind of discount do you guys get from you’re dealer on MSRP pricing ?

Does the 2019 XP turbo haves the same lower cage as the turbo S ?

Is it possible to add the rear center brake light and the 2 front light fins on the XP ?

Is an extended warranty worth it ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
640 Posts
Extended warrenty not worth it IMO if you plan to do much aftermarket upgrades. Who can say for 2020...in my experience I’d say just buy the thing now and sell it later to upgrade if you really want it that bad. They hold value surprisingly well if you garage it and maintenance it well (like it should be).
I would think twice about buying a first year model anyhow. Cheers!

·
Registered
957 Posts
This has all been discussed ad nauseam, but my take is if you’re gonna buy now get a screaming deal on an ‘18 cause it’s the same machine as the ‘19 minus some aesthetics and different guages/dash. Either that, or wait til the ‘20s come out cause I suspect a ground-up redesign. If money is no concern and you’ve got a hard-on for the ‘19 and can’t wait, then get it.

Best deal is probably Abernathy and then go from there.

I bought the 4-year extended for $900. I just don’t have the time to deal personally with electrical gremlins and engine/gearcase rebuilds, so it was worth it to me.

Not sure about the other questions you asked.

·
Berzerker
1,446 Posts
LOL, that’s funny. How many new models have we seen and recalls are still going on.
We haven't seen a new model RZR. We've seen the same rig with minor changes. Before you dispute what someone says do some research. Polaris has to satisfy the CPSC. Key word is new. New kinda how the Can Am is new to their line.

·
Registered
213 Posts
LOL, that’s funny. How many new models have we seen and recalls are still going on.
We haven't seen a new model RZR. We've seen the same rig with minor changes. Before you dispute what someone says do some research. Polaris has to satisfy the CPSC. Key word is new. New kinda how the Can Am is new to their line.

So the RS1, Turbo S and 4 S don’t count as new? Not arguing just asking?

·
Registered
23 Posts

So the RS1, Turbo S and 4 S don’t count as new? Not arguing just asking?

RS 1 is new. The Turbo S is the XPT with factory long travel, 32" tires, different cage and the General instrument cluster. The new design will likely be unveiled next July.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I’ve learned that you never know what Polaris will do next. Just buy now. Either way you won’t regret it.

The Turbo LE and the XP1K Ride Command models come with the fang lights.

·
Formerly 'bodywerks
133 Posts
I have a 2017 XP2T with some suspension and a stage 3 tune that I am satisfied with at the moment. I wasn't really to enthused about the Turbo S reveal because there were no horsepower improvements. But after driving my buddy's stock S(other than Skat sand tires) in the dunes last weekend, I am now a little less satisfied with my current car. if you want that next level of performance, just go straight to the S. If you don't want that wide of a car, then at least get the dynamix suspension. When it comes to cornering and jumping it does what no amount of valving or springing could ever do on 'dumb' shocks. I was literally blown away by it on my buddy's S.
As for me, I think I will finish out this dune season on mine. But if PoPo comes out with a new, 3 cylinder, 200hp power system for 2020, the big question will be, do I want to be a first year guinea pig, or try to get a killer deal on a 2019 closeout model???

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Short answer. No ones knows what 2020 models will bring if your looking for any "insider" information. The few that might know anything would not give that info out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Buy the 19. If they are all new in 20, you don't want it anyway, wait for 21. I am staying away from first year models from now on lol

·
Ricardo
27 Posts
my dealer told me the new 2020 rzr is coming in september and has 223 hp and is redesigned.
they haven't see any pictures but polaris already sent the specs and the data sheet to the dealers.

·
Registered
640 Posts
my dealer told me the new 2020 rzr is coming in september and has 223 hp and is redesigned.
they haven't see any pictures but polaris already sent the specs and the data sheet to the dealers.
You waited 17 months to post and this is what you come through with. Let’s see some proof! Who’s got confirmation on this?
TBH I don’t even wanna see it I’m just going to feel obsolete. Wahh.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I'm not going for it because for the most part the dealers have no clue what is coming out till it does !!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts