Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my kit on Monday and UPS delivered it today.

I got the kit with complete axles and setup for AFTER MARKET shocks.

If anyone has any tips or tricks, please let me know. Adam (ACBlind), my son, will help me install it this weekend.

I'll post pics...

·
BatRazor
1,351 Posts
I have the same system but my RZR is a gen 1.
When the shocks were mounted the installer took
off the upper brakets that go across the back from
oneside to the other. I haven't heard anything about
having to remove any parts off the RZR. I'm trying to
find out if they were installed right. Anyone else have
to remove anything installing the RZR S Fox shocks.
To me this weakens the rear bracing and frame.
Chris let me know how the shock install goes.
Thanks Tim.

·
King of crash!
34,125 Posts
I have the same system but my RZR is a gen 1.
When the shocks were mounted the installer took
off the upper brakets that go across the back from
oneside to the other. I haven't heard anything about
having to remove any parts off the RZR. I'm trying to
find out if they were installed right. Anyone else have
to remove anything installing the RZR S Fox shocks.
To me this weakens the rear bracing and frame.
Chris let me know how the shock install goes.
Thanks Tim.
the bracket is for stock shocks tim... it moves the upper mount to a different spot so the length is correct.... your s fox shocks are the right length so you dont need the bracket anymore... now the shocks mount in the stock spot....

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, a group of guys and their sons from church are using the RZR this weekend so I didn't want to get into it and not have it ready for them. So, the LT install won't start until after the Father-Son campout is done this Saturday afternoon...
I'm chomping at the bit to get this done.

·
Golden Sand Dunes
70 Posts
one thing I need to know, if some a arms have been broken does superatv offer spare parts?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
one thing I need to know, if some a arms have been broken does superatv offer spare parts?
RZR09GH, I don't know but I'm sure I'll be talking to them tomorrow. I'll ask them.
Dam Hog.....definitely looking forward to seeing some pics of that when its done.
Where have you been riding?
I've got quite a few pics to post of the process. I'll get 'em all up here at some point.

...Where have you been riding?
No where. I'm ready to get out and ride. I just found out that there's a place that UTV's have been riding. I don't recall the name of the place but I've got the name of a guy who does know. When I find out I'll post the info for sure.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Install Comments to date:

A) SATV needs to update their instructions. I think between JohnnyCat8 and I we should have enough pictures for them to use. There are quite a few steps that if you look at the pictures it's looks like you skipped a step.

B) SATV needs to ask the purchaser what model the kit is installing on? I have LE Rims and since I didn't order the kit from the web-site I didn't see the note about having to either purchase the kit with an offset or use 1" spacers. I'm going to grind away at the lower rear A-Arm a tad so that the arm doesn't cut a grove in my LE Rims.

C) The instructions need to add a section about re-installing the C-Clip and the fact that the Front A-Arms may need to be ground down a bit so that there's room to install the C-Clip when putting your Ball-Joints on the SATV A-Arms. It's not hard it's just time consuming. Now I have to grind them down, test fit them, grind down again and once they fit I have to take the Ball-Joint out again so that I can paint the area that was ground down.

Now I have to go clean stuff up so that my RZR is out of the way for the guys coming into work tomorrow morning. I wasn't counting on having to move the buggy without it being done.

Don't get my wrong I like the kit. It'll be great when it's done.

Okay, I think I'm done with my rant.

·
7,573 Posts
Guys, we do warrany our a-arms 100% if you ever break or bend one. All you need to do is give me a call and I will get you taken care of.

Thanks guys,
Tyler
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
it may be too late or you may not be interested, but if i were to do what you're doing and know what i know now i wouldn't put the fox shox off the S on it because you're so limited on spring options. I just finished making adapters to put new springs on my S. If you go to a shock with a 2" shock body you can run any springs you want without the hassle.

·
Golden Sand Dunes
70 Posts
Guys, we do warrany our a-arms 100% if you ever break or bend one. All you need to do is give me a call and I will get you taken care of.

Thanks guys,
Tyler
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777
Hey Tayler is this a life time warranty :) if any customer brake or bent the a arm you will replace/fix it for free? or offer spare part customer can buy?

is that warranty included over seas customers as well? :ride:

·
7,573 Posts
Hey Tayler is this a life time warranty :) if any customer brake or bent the a arm you will replace/fix it for free? or offer spare part customer can buy?

is that warranty included over seas customers as well? :ride:[/QUOTE]

Yes sir it is lifetime warranty, for the a-arms and we do offer any spare parts you may need. This warranty does apply for over seas customers as well, the customer is responsible for shipping whether they are in the states or not.

Tyler
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
did your kit come with new grease zerks or did you have to use the ones out of your old control arms?
You re-use the old ones...

·
Golden Sand Dunes
70 Posts
Yes sir it is lifetime warranty, for the a-arms and we do offer any spare parts you may need. This warranty does apply for over seas customers as well, the customer is responsible for shipping whether they are in the states or not.

Tyler
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777
this is what we can call GOOD CUSOMER SIRVICE

Thanks Tyler,

Ghazi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.