Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just purchased a 2012 rzr 800 50 inch... My question is i want to run 29.5 outlaws s/w combo and would like some help on what i need to do to it in order to run them with no rubbing and no issues with stock axles. What do i need as far as lift, spacers, or wheels with offset (havent decided on what wheels im going to go with) and incase i wasnt clear the rzr is all stock, the tires are 29.5 old school outlaws skinny wide. Any information is widely appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
29.5s and stock axles dont belong in the same sentence.... i believe all you need are super atv forward a arms and some spacers for the rear wheels so that you clear the passnager side motor mount. and you will blow those axles, so you might as well replace them now before your in a mud hole with blown axles

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me say this the rzr is for my wife i want the 29.5s but want to keep it to stock as close as possible, so if yall can recommend some tire where i can keep my stock axles and can clear with a two inch bracket lift would be better, i will also say its mostly going to be on trails not much mud, but she likes the look of an aggresive tire so thats why i was thinking outlaws.. Would some mudzillas be better???

·
Registered
395 Posts
Man you can run stock axles with 29.5s just get a set of aftermarket wheels, and a lift, I run a 3" extreme lift. The problems will arise with hard throttle and full turn of the wheel and also hard throttle in reverse. I'm not saying its gonna last forever but I ran s/w 29.5s on my sportsman 800 for 3 years with no problems and I ran these 29.5" ol2s for right at a year on my rzr before breaking anything. I firmly believe that those axle failures were directly associated with my pride and alcohol intake. I see no point in shelling out $800 bucks and the time it takes to replace them when the others haven't failed. Just my 2 cents

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
28" Zillas look good and work suprisingly well on the trail. I have.mine with no lift, 2" wheel spacers,1" would work, and itp wheels. Rubs the floorboard sometimes but not bad enough to mess with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was asking about 29.5 cause i already have them. What kind of offset should i be looking for @ nipplesdeep??

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm not sure on the offset of mine (they are really wide) but if I'm not mistaken most run a 4+3 on front and 2+5 on rear to get by the engine mount.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Most common offset on aftermarket is 4+3 for popo's. You can run 27's with that and no spacers easily without any rubbing. You'll need spacers and forward a-arms to run 29.5's. Definitely want to upgrade front axles with forward a-arms because of the angle but rears should be fine until they're shot. Like some others said, it's all how you ride and the stock axles hold up decent. Bought my RZR new in 09 and immediately lifted it 3" and added 27" zillas. Mud the snot out of it all summer and plow all winter. Just upgraded to 30" black mambas and forward a-arms with SATV front axles and still have the stock rears with no issues yet. Some others may know for sure but I think the newer models (2011-up) had smaller diameter axles so that may be what the others are saying about upgrading. Check out the STI HD Beadlock rims. They're pretty sweet and I got mine for only $330 shipped!

·
Registered
76 Posts
What would I need to do to get a set of 28x9x14's to fit on all 4 on a 2012 rzr 800 50"? I don't really care if i go much over 50", but don't wont to have to relocate the motor mount or heat the floorboards. I'm looking at some ITP SS316's or MA wheels with ITP mega mayhems or comparable tires cause I definatly want a radial tire. I have the WE edition and do mostly woodland trail riding with mud/water puddles. spacers? Lift? Rim Offset? Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here is what i just put on mine itp 212m14 8"rear with a 5/3offset with 2" spacers rear only.Front same wheel 6" with 4/2 offset.Tires are maxxis Bighorn 2.0 Radial 28/9/14 28/11/14 from pure offroad plenty of clearance best tire i ever had in all conditions total cost of all parts was 988.00 dollars free shipping and mounting was shipped overnight no extra charge hoped this helped.Bobwho

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got some black mamba tires 27-10-12 what offset of rims would I need to clear the motor mount in back and clear up front or will I need wheel spacers?

·
Registered
55 Posts
All these big tire kits are gonna needs clutch kits to be optimal...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts