Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if i am posting this question in the right place but here goes.
When putting your rzr onto a trailer where on the rzr do you place the tie down straps.
thanks for the info

·
Registered
388 Posts
Wherever you can without messing up brake lines,electrical or plastic .

You should have plenty of places just use common sense.

·
Warranty Voider
355 Posts
I put two front & center on the bar towards the bottom of the grill, and at the back, one in each mount on the sides of the hitch insert.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
If you put brush guards on, be careful about strapping down on those, I was warned it could bust a weld loose on your brush guard. On mine, there is a reinforcement plate welded to the tubes at the bottom of the front guard, I hook my strap through a triange hole in the plate, and then around the tubing on the guard. Don't want your straps to go over anything that might wear through or cut the strap.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
The best thing to use is a wheel bonnet and e-track. If you lock the wheels to the trailer bed it will be rock solid. It is easy and quick. My trailer is full of e-track so I can load my units any way I want and I always have a place to hook the wheel bonnet.
A big mistake is to attach a strap too high as you bounce down the road the straps can come loose. If you strap the wheel down the RZR will bounce around but the wheels don't move. I put one wheel strap on the front wheel and one on the opposite back wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Another vote for tire bonnets.

Regardless if you go with tire bonnets or regular straps, also look into replacing the attachment hooks with something that won't come off. Hooks can release is tension is removed (even temporarily, such as during a suspension bounce), but something like a climbing carabiner or shackle will not.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the reply's i will be looking into get the tire bonnets they look like the only way to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts