Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy, just checking to see if any of you guys are running a 3" lift kit with the stcok shocks turned up and the front sway bars disconnected. I am running a 3" kit off ebay that came with a sway bar disconnect. I currently have my stock shocks setting turned up about half the way. I have no scrubbing with me alon on the rzr. The only problem I have is if i load a 200lb+ passenger. I then get light scrubbing when hitting a large bump, while steering is maxed out.
I maxed out the stock shock setting and have no more rubbing, but the ride is way to stiff. I was wondering if I max out the stock shock setting then remove my front sway bars- Will the ride be smoother? or will it allow the fenders to get closer to the tires so they will actually scrub worse?
I plan to test in the next few days- But was checking to see if anyone ran into this before. Thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I had gone through the same thing. Problem is the stock springs are to soft (spring rate) and sag quickly. Your best bet is going to be either MakinTrax or Highlifter springs. I went with a set of MakinTrax 200# front and 225# rear springs and it made a night and day difference in the ride quality and height. That's going to be your cheapest solution for around $400. Then in the future when you upgrade to adjustable shocks you won't have to buy springs. Or bust open your piggy bank and for $1500-2000 get a nice set of adjustable shocks with springs and be done with it:ride: I took the upgrade route and now have the Walker Evans Shocks and it rides like a Caddy:ride: Anything you put on there is going to be 10X better than stock!

·
Registered
279 Posts
RZRluvr hit the nail on the head, I run a 3" roktek lift with my suspsension cranked way up. I weight 145lbs so I can crank in that thing alone. Most of my friends are 180lb+ so you can imagine how it is.....even w/my 130 lb gf in there there is a big diff.
I am going to be ordering makin trax suspension at the beginning of next month.
From what I read as far as for the ride there is nothing you could do better than upgrade suspension.
Just outa curiousity what are you running for tires?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im running 30X9.5 X 15 BFG Mud Tires. I was hoping to get a response as to would it ride better with the sway bar disconnected. Just curious if that would make any difference. thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Im running 30X9.5 X 15 BFG Mud Tires. I was hoping to get a response as to would it ride better with the sway bar disconnected. Just curious if that would make any difference. thanks
Yes it will ride a lot better with the sway bar disconnected, both of them! They are independent suspension killers:ride: BUT BUT BUT IMO I would not remove them till you at least change your springs. Like I said the stock springs are just way to soft and will give you way too much body roll!
What clutch kit are you using to spin them giant tires?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update, I removed the sway bar links on the front last night and MAN it made a huge difference. Wish i would have done it sooner. Night and day difference. Rides way smoother even with stock shocks turned up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts