Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me something about the difficulty or ease in installation of the sport roof on the RZR???

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx I am fighting with my dealer right now.

I knew it was just four brackets and tops 4 0r 8 bolts with back plates.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
What are they doing? I see where so many people have trouble with their dealer. Makes you wonder why they wouldn't want repeat business.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Service guy put on tracks and I had the sport roof and the lock and ride bed extender.

The tracks install was paid for and I just owed him for labor on the winch which they said would take one to two hours but of course it took three.

So I was a little tweaked about the labor for the winch but not to tweaked cuz it was somewhat reasonable.

This is the kicker is when he said I gotta check with sales and see what ya paid for and what ya owe.......I know ya owe me for the lock and ride bed extender and the sport roof install.

Effing lock and ride bed extender goes on in five seconds and any common man would know the sport roof only has four fasteners so WTF.

They wanna charge me labor for fifteen minutes of extra parts that I bought from them after spending over seventeen grand there on everything..... WTF.................................Over

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
did you tell them to put them on? if you did, tell them they didn't mention any extra labor for it and if that's the case, take them off and you'll put them on yourself.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just cant beleive they would even consider a labor cost for those two items after I paid effing cash and got a laundry list of crap.

I know ya gotta make the dough but WTF throw the customer something.....they still havent called me back yet it has been 34 minutes.

The bed extender goes on in two seconds......if they threw it in the back of the RZR it would take the same amount of time as installing it.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
When I decided to buy my RZR I called the dealer told him I wanted the RZR and what addon's I wanted. He gave me a price for the addons, which were all discounted and installed everything for free. He did all this BEFORE he even knew I had a dime to pay for anything including the RZR. :rofl3: He knows how to do business and I will always buy from them. Great dealer.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I just cant beleive they would even consider a labor cost for those two items after I paid effing cash and got a laundry list of crap.

I know ya gotta make the dough but WTF throw the customer something.....they still havent called me back yet it has been 34 minutes.

The bed extender goes on in two seconds......if they threw it in the back of the RZR it would take the same amount of time as installing it.
I would tell them to take the chit off and you won't be back.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya Im pretty pissed but I tied in to a 48 month extended warranty and service gig.

dunno if I can get my dough back or bring it to another dealer.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is an update that turned out positive.

There was an obvious communication problem at the dealers that I pointed out and that they realized was a problem between their departments.

I told them that I felt like I was dealing with three different companies instead of three different departments......Sales/Parts/Service.

The biggest problem was -

For them to put on parts that a young monkey with a disability and slight head injuries could of put on and for them to charge me without even having my consent to put them on.

They understood that this was a problem and refunded me all the labor costs except for the winch installation and Pro-S Track install.

300 Plus smackaroos they refunded me............................................Over

H

·
0 Posts

There was an obvious communication problem at the dealers that I pointed out and that they realized was a problem between their departments.

I told them that I felt like I was dealing with three different companies instead of three different departments......Sales/Parts/Service.

For them to put on parts that a young monkey with a disability and slight head injuries could of put on and for them to charge me without even having my consent to put them on.

They understood that this was a problem and refunded me all the labor costs except for the winch installation and Pro-S Track install.

300 Plus smackaroos they refunded me............................................Over
Glad you got it worked out Gunny!
This reminds me of something that happened when I bought my 4..but in the opposite way. I made the deal on the phone...wanted a winch,1/2windshield and poly roof. I've bought several machine from them,they know me and that I do most all my own work. So I assumed for the price I was paying that I would have to install everything. Got there to pick it up and everything was on. :ride: Not all Polaris dealers suck..but sadly many do. I think they would have taken your money had you not balked..common practice these days it seems with commerce..let's see if he is willing to pay..if so we'll take the money..if he has a spine we'll claim ignorance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's very easy, less than 15 min!

·
Registered
839 Posts

Glad everything worked out for you.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ya Octane I only made E-4 which is Corporal in the Corps.

But it felt good being called Gunny tho.

I really dont think this dealer was malicious but I think they lacked communication and they admitted that.

They did the right thing after I flipped out in a controlled but intelligent non waivering manner.

I feel alot better about them now and hope we can become mutual buisness partners without any bullshit.

H

·
0 Posts
Ya Octane I only made E-4 which is Corporal in the Corps.

But it felt good being called Gunny tho.

I really dont think this dealer was malicious but I think they lacked communication and they admitted that.

They did the right thing after I flipped out in a controlled but intelligent non waivering manner.

I feel alot better about them now and hope we can become mutual buisness partners without any bullshit.
LOL...sorry I was thinking about "Gunny"(member here) when I was typing that...whoops. I am aware of the rank structure...I am a Marine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts