Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help choosing a wheel offset for my 2009 S I am wanting to put 14x8's all the way around with 10 inch wide tires, Can I put the same Offset wheel front and rear or will the front or back stick out farther? The wheels I am wanting are ITP SS112's 5+3 also I am wanting to keep it as close to the stock 60 inch width. Will this setup work? Thanks! Cory

·
Registered
839 Posts
I need some help choosing a wheel offset for my 2009 S I am wanting to put 14x8's all the way around with 10 inch wide tires, Can I put the same Offset wheel front and rear or will the front or back stick out farther? The wheels I am wanting are ITP SS112's 5+3 also I am wanting to keep it as close to the stock 60 inch width. Will this setup work? Thanks! Cory
I don't have all your answers but 5x3 offset will make you 8" wider overall.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was the 3+5 that made it a total of 8" wider? Any Recommendations on wheel offset? and Wheel width?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
The S model factory is 60.5'' wide and the factory offset for the S is 4-2 front and 6-2 rear, the use of 5-3 will widen you out 2'' inches 1'' on each side, or 62.5'' total width, this setup will work fine. Of course if you add a lift kit it will draw them in about a 1/2 to 1'' depending on your shock settings and overall width would get you to about 62 or 61.5

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, for the Info gunrunner!!! Is It possible to Run 8" wide wheels on 10" wide tires or is that too much wheel for a 10" tire?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thanks, for the Info gunrunner!!! Is It possible to Run 8" wide wheels on 10" wide tires or is that too much wheel for a 10" tire?
It will be fine , most all aftermarket wheel tire combos run a 9'' front on 7'' wheel with no problems and thats the same comparison as a 10'' on a 8''. Just remember the reason a rzr comes with wider rear tires is because the rear does 100% of the pulling even in awd until the rear breaks loose and starts to spin which is when the front drive gets engaged, so with smaller rear tires than the 12'' it comes with you will most likely be having much more wheel spin which will be engaging the front drive much more.

·
Just kidding!
10,754 Posts
The wider offset in front will make it harder to turn.Just a FYI I have 4 wheels all the same on mine and now I want power steering.lol here are mine

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I run the same size all the way around 14x7

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Chris, I don't know how you race that thing and keep it so clean!

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I run the same size all the way around 14x7

Thats one mean (beautiful) race machine!! the attenion to detail and protection is amazing..... I truly envy your ride. did you custom fabricate the side impact/nerf bars? It has to be nice to know if (during a race) someone rides up your side you won't ever have a tire clawing at your waist.. Supurb, just Supurb... Added your pictures to my design collection. Mine wont be the same, but Im getting some great Fabication ideas from all on the Forum, Its a LOOOOONG winter here and my garage awaits and new mandrel bender..

And TOnight 7pm Anchorage Sullivan Arena "AK SuperCross Challenge"...GOT front ROW seats!!!!! word is there might be a SXS Demonstration! If so, Will Film it!!:bigpop:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Chris, I don't know how you race that thing and keep it so clean!
LOL... everything was just new in the pictures ... new tires/doors/nerfs

Thats one mean (beautiful) race machine!! the attenion to detail and protection is amazing..... I truly envy your ride. did you custom fabricate the side impact/nerf bars? It has to be nice to know if (during a race) someone rides up your side you won't ever have a tire clawing at your waist.. Supurb, just Supurb... Added your pictures to my design collection. Mine wont be the same, but Im getting some great Fabication ideas from all on the Forum, Its a LOOOOONG winter here and my garage awaits and new mandrel bender..

Thank you ... and yes .... everything is home made!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the pics and advise! Will The 14x8 wheels look right on the 10" wide tires anyone have any pics of the 14x8 wheels with 10" wide tires?

·
rzrs24
775 Posts
does any aftermarket rim company make a 6-2 offset? i really dont want to make the S any wider.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not that I can find prolly can have some custom made but thats big$$$$$ the 5+3 are prolly only going to widen it about 1 inch on both sides, and with the catvos 3 inch lift I am going to install I will prolly stay around 60-61 inches. since it draws it in in width a little.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts