Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... Just bought my 2010 S and am a little worried after reading the posts. I know that only the small precentage that have issues post and that if you are happy you usually are too busy riding BUT...

We just went to an area that has really harsh whoops and due to the frame comments, I found myself holding back and checking the frame every time I hit hard. What is the real deal? Can these hold up to hard desert style riding? I ride my quads pretty hard and everyone that I ride with that has a Sportsmans ride hard as well, never once have they had an issue. I hope I made a good decision...:scared2:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hey guys... Just bought my 2010 S and am a little worried after reading the posts. I know that only the small precentage that have issues post and that if you are happy you usually are too busy riding BUT...

We just went to an area that has really harsh whoops and due to the frame comments, I found myself holding back and checking the frame every time I hit hard. What is the real deal? Can these hold up to hard desert style riding? I ride my quads pretty hard and everyone that I ride with that has a Sportsmans ride hard as well, never once have they had an issue. I hope I made a good decision...:scared2:
Don't hold back! Drive it like you stole it:rofl3: Unless you are planning on doing a lot of jumping I wouldn't worry about bending your new baby up. And if ya do than that's what insurance is for:scared2:

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Get the UTV Inc. frame tubes and rear tower brace... cheap insurance. I installed them before my first trip out and have hit some whoops that have beat me pretty good and no issues with my frame. Not sure if there would be otherwise but its reassuring to know the extra strength is there. Just take a look at how thin the frame tube wall is in the rear.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
You know that Sobe bombs are now a felony!
We quit doing them because of that.

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,927 Posts
I drove mine petal to the floor down the woop roads at the Oregon Dunes......I didn't feel like I was pushing it........maybe my driving skills at times......but I kept most of it out of the trees (at times)

I wouldn't be paranoid...look how many RZR owners are here, compare to the broken stuff. I think the ratio is pretty good.

You only hear about the bad stuff

·
The Beast
339 Posts
Was riding tonight, came off a trail head and turned into a open field and did not see the 10" high stump that I caught with my left front tire. The Rzr shot up and to the right, rolled over twice and came to rest on the drivers side. Unhooked my 4 point DF harness, crawled out the passenger door. No injuries, we rolled back onto it's wheels. Got the flashlight out and did a frame, steering and suspension inspection. Other than some cosmetic damage, all seems well. They are very sturdy.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I drove mine petal to the floor down the woop roads at the Oregon Dunes......I didn't feel like I was pushing it........maybe my driving skills at times......but I kept most of it out of the trees (at times)

I wouldn't be paranoid...look how many RZR owners are here, compare to the broken stuff. I think the ratio is pretty good.

You only hear about the bad stuff
I felt the bottom of my S in Oregon (winchester). Probably my skills..getting new springs to compensate..we will see how that goes.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Was riding tonight, came off a trail head and turned into a open field and did not see the 10" high stump that I caught with my left front tire. The Rzr shot up and to the right, rolled over twice and came to rest on the drivers side. Unhooked my 4 point DF harness, crawled out the passenger door. No injuries, we rolled back onto it's wheels. Got the flashlight out and did a frame, steering and suspension inspection. Other than some cosmetic damage, all seems well. They are very sturdy.
Best news is you are good!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Exactly.....you would have to hit something so hard to mess the frame up.....and its not something thats going to gradually happen....that thing is either going to bend or not bend.
Like others suggested, the frame reinforcements are a great idea and $200 + shipping ain't to shabby for 6 of em either.
4 for the back,2 for the front,utvinc.com

·
The Beast
339 Posts
I put 14" Hiper Dakar Carbon Fiber Wheels with 30" Dominator Tires. I think if I had the 26's on, I might have not jumped it and only shoved the A-arm back into the frame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would at least add the tube inserts. The second time out on my '10 rzr-s the frame bent. The wheel base was 2" shorter on the passenger side than the drivers. I had never hit anything but had been in very rocky up and down hill stuff. I don't think they bend real easy but there is just a week spot somewhere and when you hit it just right it bends. My whole front clip pushed over to the passenger side and we found one of the square tubing crossmembers that it ties into had collapsed about 1'4". I still like my rzr-s but they will do more than the frame is designed for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have bottomed mine out many times, and taken the whoop road at Hauser (Coos Bay Oregon) at full whack, not a single one of my banshee buddies could keep up, no problems yet (other than the stock battery goes dead if it sits in the garage too long.....). Mine is an 09 S, and it has been much more fun than I had ever anticipated it to be, we bought it mostly to give our 5 year old rides, but it has become my "ride" of choice in the sand.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
.....Mine is an 09 S, and it has been much more fun than I had ever anticipated it to be, we bought it mostly to give our 5 year old rides, but it has become my "ride" of choice in the sand.
That's a good story. I've only had my S for a couple days, but gotta agree that it is far more fun than I though it would be. I reluctantly traded my ATV, but after the few rides I've taken would never go back to just an ATV.

I'm going to look at the UTV Inc. frame strengthening pieces. The prices I saw for the "chassis bones" was over $500. Didn't see anything in the $200 range, but might not be looking at the right gear.

·
Portugal
51 Posts
On mine I pushed some "strenght add-ons" for extra insurance:

6-pc. Expand-Lock Frame Tube Set
Thunderhawk Performance

... but also:
Twin-Plate Shock Brace
Fuel Tank Skid Plate
Front Bumper Reinforcement

Enjoy it hard!
Tiago

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.