Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done extensive research on this, searching this forum and others and I still have a few questions/concerns. I plan on hauling a 2013 rzr s in the back of a 2011 gmc sierra 1500 with a 6.5' box. So far I plan to ratchet the rear suspension togeather enough so I can back it into the box which will hopefully disperse the weight evenly and take all to load off the tailgate. Has anyone done this before? I don't plan on putting extra support in the bed with the front on the tailgate. Also, I have no bumpers on the rzr so will the rear hit the windshield? It will be a 6hr drive and other then the rzr and some luggage thats all that will be in the truck. Any comments/info welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
I drove ten hours with a RZR S in the back of a 2005 6.5' bed GMC 2500. I drove it in facing forward and added a couple of ratchet straps to the the tailgate support cables for piece of mind. There really is not a lot of difference in weight between the front and back. Around 45% of the weight is on the front end. The front drove right in without any ratchet straps on the front end. Front tires hit the box before anything came close to the window and that is with a Polaris Deluxe brush guard.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Pretty heavy load for a 1500, but I am sure you know that.

:camorzr:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I think i will ratchet the tailgate supports as well. The tailgate is my main concern out of all of this. As for the weight in a 1500, I have also thought about this as well. It will be only me and my wife with a small amount of luggage, so I plan to fill the fuel the truck to only 3/4 at a time and take my time. The rzr won't exceed the payload limit but it is fairly close lol.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I hauled my ride in my 2008 gmc 4 door 1500 using this for a while until I bought my trailer.

GateSaver

I no longer use it. PM me if interested. I'll make you a deal on it.

It weighted the rear down a little but still made it a few hundred miles from my house...so you should be fine any way you go.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I hauled my 570 in the back of my 4 door Titan once. I had to make platforms out of 2x4s to get the tires on the tailgate. Used rachet straps to support the tailgate. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive to chattanooga that day and made it without any trouble. Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I hauled my 570 in the back of my 4 door Titan once. I had to make platforms out of 2x4s to get the tires on the tailgate. Used rachet straps to support the tailgate. It was a 4 1/2 hour drive to chattanooga that day and made it without any trouble. View attachment 58393
Wow, looks loaded down. How long is your bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you had a real truck you could do this!!

LOL Just kidding, you'll be fine. I have to load mine in frontwards as the spare tire would hit the rear window of the pickup before it was all the way in.

I was concerned about the weight on the tailgate but the Ford tech said it was rated at 500# on the furthermost edge of the gate. He also said the tailgate would bend before the cables broke.

But erring on the side of caution I still put down two 2X8's in the bed the length of the bed and gate. I'm thinking that would relieve some of the weight off the tailgate. Maybe not. At any rate I have hauled it virtually 1000's of miles with no issues.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i normally back my rzr into my truck, takes alot of weight off of the tailgate. DG manufacturing makes tailgate supports that work amazing. I also use a ramp when im pulling the trailer so i can close the tailgate. Allows me to put my generator and all my gear under the rzr. Not ideal but waiting to get a toy hauler

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a rzr 50 inch and was loading it frontwards til I got my deluxe brush guard. When I stopped at a stop sign the rzr went forward and busted the right side of my back glass. So now I load it backwards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts