Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Where's the paparazzi?
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a RZR-S and was thinking used (09-10) but after reading several threads about transmission problems I do not need that headache.

It looks like the 2011 models (or any after May 2010) are in the clear of this issue or maybe not enough time to tell...

It is alot of money to drop on a brand new rig but I will definitely be buying the extended warranty regardless.

Any PROS or CONS to these machines for you experienced guys? I have ran them a couple times before and love how fun they are on trails and at the dunes.

I just want to make sure I am buying a proven machine.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Reading the posts here it seems like all the RZR's have a certain problem. It's not as bad as it seems. what you don't know is what percentage of them have a particular problem. For example I have a 09 RZR S and I ride with a few others. None of us have had any trouble at all. If you go by what you read all of our axles should have fallen out several times. Don't get freaked out, They are good machines.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Forums are where everything bad gets beat to death a 100 times more than anything good. Just look at the problems w/2010 tranny poll, before this poll you would have thought by reading the topics that every 2010 would have the tranny fail, to date the poll shows thats not the case at all. Buy your rzr and have fun.
here is the poll as of today
Have you had 2010 transmission problems:
YES 16 8.29%
NO 177 91.71%
Voters: 193.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have an early build 2010 rzr s and have replaced front and rear a arm bushings, front wheel bearings, front differential, had the tranny popping out of gear so they did the tranny update kit, crankshaft bearing went and wrecked the whole motor. Ive been waiting for almost a month now for a motor. all in about 800 kms. I wish that I had gotten one of the good ones. I blame it on my wife cause the dealer had an orange one and a white one, I was gonna pick the orange one but she wanted the white one. sigh, that orange one probably has never had a single problem. haha

·
SomeGuyFromOlympia
1,782 Posts
Oh man!!
I got the white one!!

tranny gonna fall out?

I have a 2010 RZRS.....nothing wrong........

·
Rzr Rookie
62 Posts
I also have a 2010 s white at that been to the dunes a couple times and lots of trail riding goofing off with just under 70hrs on it no problems at all only thing I have to do is clean everything really good and regrease it after every ride to keep the squeaks at bay it handles the dunes awesome at waynoka and most quads cant keep up with us there if you are going to be buying one check out T&T powersports in sapulpa just outside of tulsa although its probably a long drive from north east kansas it was $2500 cheaper than anywhere in kansas I checked and they dont just sell rzrs every guy I have met there owns a rzr and they hold get togethers at waynoka for all there customers

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have an early build 2010 rzr s and have replaced front and rear a arm bushings, front wheel bearings, front differential, had the tranny popping out of gear so they did the tranny update kit, crankshaft bearing went and wrecked the whole motor. Ive been waiting for almost a month now for a motor. all in about 800 kms. I wish that I had gotten one of the good ones. I blame it on my wife cause the dealer had an orange one and a white one, I was gonna pick the orange one but she wanted the white one. sigh, that orange one probably has never had a single problem. haha
Well looking at your avatar I have a hard time believing its all the machines fault!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well looking at your avatar I have a hard time believing its all the machines fault!
What, nobody else has tried climbing a tree before? It was just a slow crawl, I think thats easier on it than jumping and stuff. I dont see how that picture is any different from rock crawling or anything like that.

·
Where's the paparazzi?
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also have a 2010 s white at that been to the dunes a couple times and lots of trail riding goofing off with just under 70hrs on it no problems at all only thing I have to do is clean everything really good and regrease it after every ride to keep the squeaks at bay it handles the dunes awesome at waynoka and most quads cant keep up with us there if you are going to be buying one check out T&T powersports in sapulpa just outside of tulsa although its probably a long drive from north east kansas it was $2500 cheaper than anywhere in kansas I checked and they dont just sell rzrs every guy I have met there owns a rzr and they hold get togethers at waynoka for all there customers
excellent info. i will look them up. my wife is from tulsa so we are down there quite a bit. not to mention i am an o-state grad. lol

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Geez, I have a purple one. You suppose my cage will fall off or something?

·
Banned
399 Posts
I have an 09 and no problems 1500 miles!

·
Registered
86 Posts
You do not see alot of post on how good the RZR S is because we are all out Ride'n. I have not had not issues with 2010. Got it new last Nov. After reading all the post in here I did get the extended warranty but I most likely will not need it. Its like any off road machine if you take care of it, it will last. If you rag the piss out of it all the time things will break.

·
Where's the paparazzi?
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have all been very helpful. I know is it how you take care of a machine... but I had a Joyner Sand Viper and had nothing but transmission problems (blew out 3-times) and they were suppose to be good machines too. That POS is gone now!

Polaris is a trusted company and I have had a couple of their quads and had very good luck.

My mind is made and I will be ordering my new RZR-S in the coming months. Just have to iron out a couple things first. I will have it no later than April 2011 for Rattle Snake Weekend at Little Sahara in Oklahoma.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
My mind is made and I will be ordering my new RZR-S in the coming months. Just have to iron out a couple things first. I will have it no later than April 2011 for Rattle Snake Weekend at Little Sahara in Oklahoma.

Thanks again!
Loderup.....I have an '11. It's been a flawless 200 miles and just about to do my first service. Best machine I've ever owned. If possible, thinking you should pick it up a month before this Rattle Snake Weekend rally so she's nicely broken in and ready to rip.

BTW: Are you planning to keep that ATV? Not gunna use it much after you get your RZR....Can pretty much guarantee that :)

·
Where's the paparazzi?
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Thanks again!
Loderup.....I have an '11. It's been a flawless 200 miles and just about to do my first service. Best machine I've ever owned. If possible, thinking you should pick it up a month before this Rattle Snake Weekend rally so she's nicely broken in and ready to rip.

BTW: Are you planning to keep that ATV? Not gunna use it much after you get your RZR....Can pretty much guarantee that :)
excellent input! i like what i hear!

we are ordering it december 1st. for some reason the salesman said if any good rebates come it will happen in dec. this should give me plenty of time to break it in and be ready for spring riding season. between hunting and weather it will be scarse when i can ride though...

any help on break-in? manual does help but i want to know what every does and outcome.

·
Where's the paparazzi?
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
quad is sold... :( wife said only one toy and it makes more sense! but my quad was a beast though! my new baby should do the trick!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
quad is sold... :( wife said only one toy and it makes more sense! but my quad was a beast though! my new baby should do the trick!
Same deal here....exactly. I really liked my ATV, but wouldn't choose it to ride over the RZR. They have their place though, I guess :) Now that it's a month gone, I've never once wanted it back.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts