Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Guys, Here's many have talked about, but I haven't seen any pics of anyone who has done it yet. Could I be the 1st or just be the 1 :lol:
Removed my FMF Performance Header along with the Two Bros. Slipon and AGAIN Homemade Fabbed my SETUP. Let me know what you think.

Here's what I removed and will be selling shortly :cry:

AND while I had the bed off, I removed the Stock Air Box & Plumbing, replacing them with a product from the ATVDOC. KUDO's CHUCK, fit, finish & the colored install pics were GREAT. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
533 Posts
looks good Bart! I'm still loking for an S header for mine. Let me know how it performs in comparison. I did a Donaldson air filter housing sometime back on the ICP race car. Kelly at KMS performance said it was costing us two HP, but it neverr let dirt past. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Looks sweet..... What kind of muffler is that?
What are you asking for the take off exhaust?
I like it. Good job. I too would like to know what that Custom Muffler is?? and a sound bite if and when you can send us one. Thanks.
Ken

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good Bart! I'm still loking for an S header for mine. Let me know how it performs in comparison. I did a Donaldson air filter housing sometime back on the ICP race car. Kelly at KMS performance said it was costing us two HP, but it neverr let dirt past. Keep up the good work!
Todd,
If you don't get any response looking for the S Header, I got mine from
Babbits.online for about $108.00 which was MUCH cheaper than any dealer that I contacted. I'll let you know about the performance cause I'm in the process of reducing my weights to get the RPM's up higher. I am guessing that the design of the S header(pipe ID and tube length) was geared toward the Sand folks that would just keep the hammer down. I'll let you know.
Bart

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How the hell do you keep that so clean? does it ever hit the dirt or is it a garage ornament? Looks sweet,
:rofl3: Mike, Just try to clean it up after riding, particularly if it's packed with MUD. That way it's not like trying to remove CEMENT.:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FMF Performance Header purchased from Breeze Lawn & Garden
Retail $230
Two Bros. Vale Exhaust w/spark arrestor and P1 Performance Tip - Ebay
Retail $330
Custom made Heat Shield for Midpipe & Valve Cover designed specifically to fit current configuration $75
Everything is in Good condition, will include header gasket & midpipe seal and
a custom stainless steel tip allowing the spark arrestor to be used with the NEW custom powertip.
Like to move the entire package, TOGETHER, since fabbing was done specifically for this configuration.
Package asking about 25% below retail.
PM for exact details.

·
Registered
398 Posts
hay bart, that header looks a lot like we discussed. load it up and come to west mi., spring thaw has got us some real mud to play in/on, i'll buy the bud......stroker

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
BlackBart .... Sorry, I'm not clear which muffler your running with your new setup. Did you make it or buy it? Thanks.
Ken

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BlackBart .... Sorry, I'm not clear which muffler your running with your new setup. Did you make it or buy it? Thanks.
Ken
Ken,
No problem. I probably wasn't real clear in describing the setup.
The muffler is manufactured by GOERLICH, Goldsboro, NC. They have quite a good selection of mufflers. This one cost about $90 and change.
Polished Stainless Steel, 2 1/2" In, 4" Out, 6" Round diameter, 18" Long, with Tuneable Baffle in the rear. I had to Fab the SHORT mid pipe between the RZR-S Header and the muffler.
I could have SHORTEN the S Header, but I fiqured that since Polaris set it up for the RZR-S, they must have had some logic regarding the ID,Runner length and Collector box. The end of the collector was dead center of the end of the muffler and I didn't want to run the midpipe out to the side and back to the muffler. I used a 2" exhaust pipe and the gasket retainer ring from my old stock midpipe to make the connection, that way even with the short bend, it was not restrictive inside.
Hope that helps.
Bart
Even with the baffles OPEN, it is still not as LOUD as the Two Bros. slipon and has the Harley Sound.

Don't have any GOOD numbers on testing yet. Been RAINING. When I get them, I start a thread and try to get a sound clip.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Thanks Bart. I appreciate the reply. I'll be making some changes to mine over the summer as well. So I'll keep your setup in mind. I like it. Looking forward to the sound clip when you get to it.:pint:
Ken

·
Registered
127 Posts
as far as custom fabing exhaust goes ive got a pretty cheap and easy solution. i went to my local honda shop and ordered 2 universal fit FMF turbine core 2 mufflers. theyre designed for 500cc+(each) 2 strokes but work great for this for around 200 dollars.they come with a midpipe which is not used mounting bracket a weld on mount and ever 4 stickers per pipe. i went to my local exhaust and had ordered some 1.5 inch stainless exhaust pipe. (50 bucks). cut the stock header before the y and made duals. keeping both pipes the same lenght. ran both parrell out the back on either side(to make room for the custom rear winch setup going in the stock mufflers place. this ended up costing about 325 after labor which is FAR cheaper than any other dual system on the market and very easy to do. the mufflers are FMF so they can easilly be cut down for to the side and sound u desire. also easy to do since both ends rivel together. big low end difference noticed immediately. give it a shot. pictures comming soon.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as far as custom fabing exhaust goes ive got a pretty cheap and easy solution. i went to my local honda shop and ordered 2 universal fit FMF turbine core 2 mufflers. theyre designed for 500cc+(each) 2 strokes but work great for this for around 200 dollars.they come with a midpipe which is not used mounting bracket a weld on mount and ever 4 stickers per pipe. i went to my local exhaust and had ordered some 1.5 inch stainless exhaust pipe. (50 bucks). cut the stock header before the y and made duals. keeping both pipes the same lenght. ran both parrell out the back on either side(to make room for the custom rear winch setup going in the stock mufflers place. this ended up costing about 325 after labor which is FAR cheaper than any other dual system on the market and very easy to do. the mufflers are FMF so they can easilly be cut down for to the side and sound u desire. also easy to do since both ends rivel together. big low end difference noticed immediately. give it a shot. pictures comming soon.
Hey Jace,
Get those PIC's out here, as I would really enjoy taking a look at what other folks have fabbed. Your setup sounds like you really gave it some good thought. AND Yep, the price is definatedly R I G H T:pepper1:
Bart

·
Registered
83 Posts
curious which Donaldson filter? ATVDoc is a great setup but it is 2"and I wanted 3" inlet and the security of the dual element filter.

Great job on the exhaust!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts