Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made my 2010 rzr-s street legal. I decided i wanted to drive it across the mackinac bridge to say i did it. After alot of hassle and telling them they couldnt stop me, i made my journey!!! They said well this is a first to happen, thought some people might like the video.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had alot of weird looks!!! I will have to upload the video of me pulling up to the toll booth. The woman asks what do you think your doing!! Then she says i better go talk to the state trooper that has a truck pulled over. He told me no cant go across to turn around and go back. I finally have to go to the post and talk to sargent.

It was a fun ride across, was a heck of a sight to drive that way!!

and to top it off my buddy watched the bridge authoritys webcam and screenshot me going across the bridge and coming back!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am from michigan- grand rapids area.

This was my second UP trip of the year with the RZR-s. I made it up with full fall color. My other trip was in july and found some great riding. One day i rhode all along the shore of lake superior i will have to upload some pictures of trip and the rzr of course!!!

I have alot of video, every trip i go on have my vholdr mounted to the roll cage and it takes great video!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
That was cool as hell. Good for you for sticking up for your rights and telling them to go F themselves because you knew what you were doing was legal. Time was I would have discouraged you from "stirring the pot" with such antics, but with the hypercontrolling our local and federal governments have been so hell bent on doing, it's time we the people stood up and reminded them that we are still a free nation to do what we please (provided it's within the law) and you did just that. I was in DC for vacation this year and going from there to Maryland went over what was most definitely the biggest (and highest) bridge I have ever been on in my life. Anyone know it? It's name? It would be cool to ride a rzr across that thing, but I don't know if it could be made street legal in those states.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's what happens with ipod on random!!! ipicka rockin song to start then random rains on myparade!!

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I didn't buy my rzr to drive on the streets. I have other vehicles to do that

But GAWD that would be fun! I wish Texas would get off it's archaic ways and allow the same for us RZR folks. Way to go. :yr1:

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Are you from Canada or Michigan? Fill us in :D
Why don't people update their profiles? This is a good example of why. When people post about their riding in the mud, sand, wooded trails, mountain trail, or across a cool bridge. It would be nice to look over to the right and know what part of the country or the world they are talking about. People will post "I just got street legal it's so cool" and you look up at their profile to see what state their from and nothing but a member number. I know people need to be careful about what information they put out on the web, we don't need to know where your 8 year old goes to school or that your wife works the 8 to 5 shift at the local burger hut, but a state or city, state would be nice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't buy mine for road either. michigan has tons of national forest that is closed to atv/utv but open to plated vehicles. the plate allows me to milws andmilesof roads. then when I need gas/food I can go few miles into town then head back out.

I do need to put more on profile and be more active this is a great site!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mind saying what all you did to make it street legal?

The reason I ask is that visiting National Parks like Death Valley, any off roading has to be done in a street legal vehicle such as a Jeep. Which makes no sense as a Quad or UTV would tear up far less than a Jeep.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very cool vid. I lived in MI. 40 years and must have crossed that bridge at least 50 times. In Fl. for last 9. It would be so cool to be street legal and then just go off road as you please on the trails. Down here, I have to trailor my rzr everywhere to ride it. That vid sure brings back memories..Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well theres quite alot of work to make a rzr street legal. turn signals(front and rear), bumper, dot tires, horn, bright lights(2011 have that), dot glass windshield. windshield wiper, windshield washer, license plate light. I had a custom windshield made with airflow on bottom, then i put a electric wiper on it and an electric washer as well.

check with your state, michigans one of few that you can make them street legal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Brings back memories. My first time crossing the Big Mac was in 1971 on a 750 Honda with the wife on the back. The paved area was under reconstruction and the ride over the grate system was awsome. I rode slow and kept looking down at the water. As the bike riders know, riding on those grates is an experience of its own. I don't think the wife opened her eyes the whole trip across. Congratulations on being a "First".

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's something else to look down through that steel grate. The other joy is riding on that crap having it grab your tires pushing you around!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts