Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing is wrong with the machine but sometimes at high speeds i get a rattle maybe sounds like a loose washer or something. coming from between the seats belt cover area. mainly on acceleration. any tips before i start looking

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check the drive shaft yoke just below the belt case, more than likely has wear on the spline and bouncing around. I added set screws to the yoke to tighten up on the output shaft, no more rattling.

·
Registered
84 Posts
nothing is wrong with the machine but sometimes at high speeds i get a rattle maybe sounds like a loose washer or something. coming from between the seats belt cover area. mainly on acceleration. any tips before i start looking
I have a 50" RZR and mine does the same thing but only in Low range when the revs are up, not so much at lower rpm's and it never happens in high range. I've inspected the belt, greased the spline and it is still comes and goes.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing..I have a 2012 S...It just started doing it but it only does it at low speeds and it does it worse when at low speed sharp turns...

Would also like some suggestions on this

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2011 s is making the same noise and I just noticed that the 2 rubber grommet mounts that hold the exhaust are missing and I think the Metal rods on the exhaust that go through the grommets may be making the noise from rattling off the mounting bar? Wondering if anyone else is missing these?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Possible I never solved it but did change exhaust to dual s which is loud plus a radio so I never hear anything lol

·
Registered
709 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2012s and it was the clutch hitting the clutch cover....the dealer replaced the clutch cover...cause it was warped from factory.....about a week later the rattling was getting worse...and it literally grenaded the clutch....turned out one of the weights was missing from the factory....i dont know if this helps or not but that was my experience witht the rattling

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2011 s is making the same noise and I just noticed that the 2 rubber grommet mounts that hold the exhaust are missing and I think the Metal rods on the exhaust that go through the grommets may be making the noise from rattling off the mounting bar? Wondering if anyone else is missing these?
mine did the same thing fixed it with 2 pieces of fuel line

1 - 11 of 11 Posts