Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone on this forum. I am a new member and i am planning to buy the first RZR s model 2011 in the Netherlands. I read the 2011 has a 30% improvement on fuel economy, i also read that the 2011 model has a lack of power and topspeed compared to the 2010 RZR s.. Does anyone can confirm this or is it simply not true? thanks in advance for your information!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Hi everyone on this forum. I am a new member and i am planning to buy the first RZR s model 2011 in the Netherlands. I read the 2011 has a 30% improvement on fuel economy, i also read that the 2011 model has a lack of power and topspeed compared to the 2010 RZR s.. Does anyone can confirm this or is it simply not true? thanks in advance for your information!
Brink, Fuel improvement is stated by the factory, so I guess you have to consider that fact (give or take 5%, likely take....). I rode mine all day yesterday pretty hard and it used less gas than I would have thought (no actual number yet). I'll figure out the mileage and get back to you. It is brand new, so not the best machine to provide efficiency numbers. You should read the official Polaris wording again....I don't think they actually used the words "30% increase in efficiency". It was something else like "30% increase in range". By increasing range you could always just add a bigger tank. With new Bosh EFI it is supposed to be more efficient, but not sure of the exact wording. In reality that increase in range is likely a combination of increased fuel capacity and an increase in efficiency. There are factory videos on their site where they explain themselves somewhat. Although what they say is not crystal clear (surprised?).

As far as the power goes. This thing flys and it's not fully broken-in yet! I was concerned about hp issues myself, but found it to be super fun. Maybe the 2011s lost 1 or 2 hp this year, but it gained some better mileage. With more range and efficiency usually comes a loss somewhere. I can guarantee you power is not a problem, unless you weigh like 300lbs, and/or spend your days in the Holland dunes. Another 10hp would be fun though :) The rig simply rips and you can get yourself in plenty of trouble, quickly.

·
Badhabitsoffroad*****
50 Posts
I just bought a 2011 rzr s le and it's does not lack in power in anyway but I can tell you that they have changed alot more things then what is said in there ads. The fuel tank is diffrent, front diff, rear axels, tilt wheel, rollcage etc there had been alot of changes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brink, Fuel improvement is stated by the factory, so I guess you have to consider that fact (give or take 5%, likely take....). I rode mine all day yesterday pretty hard and it used less gas than I would have thought (no actual number yet). I'll figure out the mileage and get back to you. It is brand new, so not the best machine to provide efficiency numbers. You should read the official Polaris wording again....I don't think they actually used the words "30% increase in efficiency". It was something else like "30% increase in range". By increasing range you could always just add a bigger tank. With new Bosh EFI it is supposed to be more efficient, but not sure of the exact wording. In reality that increase in range is likely a combination of increased fuel capacity and an increase in efficiency. There are factory videos on their site where they explain themselves somewhat. Although what they say is not crystal clear (surprised?).

As far as the power goes. This thing flys and it's not fully broken-in yet! I was concerned about hp issues myself, but found it to be super fun. Maybe the 2011s lost 1 or 2 hp this year, but it gained some better mileage. With more range and efficiency usually comes a loss somewhere. I can guarantee you power is not a problem, unless you weigh like 300lbs, and/or spend your days in the Holland dunes. Another 10hp would be fun though :) The rig simply rips and you can get yourself in plenty of trouble, quickly.
Hi funride, thanks for the reply. Here in Holland the RZR s is made street legal so the topspeed (63 mph) is very important to me. I hope to ride my RZR s 2011 with in a week or 5 and i ordererd my Barkers dual exhaust allready ;-)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've watched the 011 drag race several other rzrs and it won 4 out of 5. I'm thinking they were 50 inch standards (not h.o.) tho so that would make sense. If the 11's lost power it wasn't much. I got 20 mpg on my first 70 miles and I think that's just phenomenal! No answer on top speed for you because I'm babying mine (with occasional bursts of no restraint) as per the manual for breakin. That might explain the impressive mileage too.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
The stated HP difference is only 2 HP, 53 vs. 55, so I wouldn't expect a huge difference. What I have heard its the 2011 seems to pull harder in the midrange than the 2010.. This could be due to the FI change I suppose. Overall, it doesn't matter. It's still the most fun you can have with your clothes on!.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
They that it is faster,but i am going to buy one and but Weber in it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've driven a 2010 and I own a 2011 RZR S. My 2011 is not in any way, shape, or form lacking power compared to the 2010. If you're dead set on the 2011 go for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for all the info... I'll guess that the Barkers dual exhaust will compensate the 2 hp for the rzr s 2011... Does anyone actually reached the 63 mph topspeed on the 2011 model? Anyway i am looking forward when it is shipped to me here in the Netherlands...

·
Badhabitsoffroad*****
50 Posts
Well I put my gps in and made a couple of runs and It told me I was reaching 65mph

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
Ouch! That's about $27,300 USD at today's rate!

·
The Beast
336 Posts
It's a rear diff. This has been available in Europe on the 10 models.
You can order from Polaris for about 1200, but I don't know what it takes to integrate into a US model.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thx for the info. Front would be more useful imo. Wondering out loud if there's a way to fool or override the electronics to make the front controllable. Think I'm hijacking this thread tho, sorry, I'll do a search...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've watched the 011 drag race several other rzrs and it won 4 out of 5. I'm thinking they were 50 inch standards (not h.o.) tho so that would make sense. If the 11's lost power it wasn't much. I got 20 mpg on my first 70 miles and I think that's just phenomenal! No answer on top speed for you because I'm babying mine (with occasional bursts of no restraint) as per the manual for breakin. That might explain the impressive mileage too.

I never read the manual. It says dont go fast? For how long?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts