Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have two fans available for the RZR and RZR-S, they both are a direct bolt on replacement and carry a 3 YEAR warranty. The first is 100 CFM more than your stock fan and they are $119.95, which is a fraction of the cost that Polaris wants for them. Here is a link to that one Z4010

The second is a 200 CFM upgrade over the stock fan. It has a more powerful motor than the first one and is available at $119.95 as well. Here is a link to that one Z4012

Your stock charging system is capable of running either of these two fans.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I Just Received the Z4012 from you 2 weeks ago, installed it right away and it's been working great! You can hear the difference in air volume when its on...

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I Just Received the Z4012 from you 2 weeks ago, installed it right away and it's been working great! You can hear the difference in air volume when its on...
Look like a great upgrade. Do you see big difference in cooling temperature compare to stock fan ? Is a fan on less often ?:question:
milos

·
Registered
663 Posts
Look like a great upgrade. Do you see big difference in cooling temperature compare to stock fan ? Is a fan on less often ?:question:
milos
It's truly an easy install except you have to take more apart to install the new fan motor then you had to when removing the old one (the motor is like 1.25" thicker)

I have not been back to the dunes yet, but on the street she is running about 10 degrees cooler (170 rather then 180) with my exhaust (straight pipe) I can't hear the fan to tell you whether its on longer or not, but with just the key on its sounds a lot stronger then the stock one (the upgraded fan is made by the same company that made the OE fan)

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These fans are exactly the same ones that Polaris sells. Our Z4010 replaces O.E. number 2410413 and Polaris wants $214.07 for the exact same fan. Our Z4012 replaces O.E. number 2410863 and 2410963 and Polaris wants $254.85 for that exact same fan. We sell both of these fans for $119.95 which is already at a discounted price. These fans are made by the exact same manufacturer and carry a 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
milos
It's truly an easy install except you have to take more apart to install the new fan motor then you had to when removing the old one (the motor is like 1.25" thicker)

I have not been back to the dunes yet, but on the street she is running about 10 degrees cooler (170 rather then 180) with my exhaust (straight pipe) I can't hear the fan to tell you whether its on longer or not, but with just the key on its sounds a lot stronger then the stock one (the upgraded fan is made by the same company that made the OE fan)
THX I ordered one yesterday.:ride:
milos

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
yeah they are cheaper then Polaris but why no forum discount? all the vendors give discounts ( except RZRHQ ). sometimes 5% is better than nothing to us customers, or throw in free shipping. We all seem to love that.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
yeah they are cheaper then Polaris but why no forum discount? all the vendors give discounts ( except RZRHQ ). sometimes 5% is better than nothing to us customers, or throw in free shipping. We all seem to love that.
So, would it be better if he charged $132.00 and gave a 10% discount? Or, better yet, $131.99 plus the discount? Sounds even better, huh?

I know it never hurts to ask if there is a discount (I always do), but if the vendor is at rock bottom that's the best he can do.

Coupons, discounts, limited time only sales are all inducements to get you to buy something you might not otherwise. Free shipping isn't free....the carrier ALWAYS gets paid. And ultimately the money comes out of the customer's pocket before it goes into anyone else's. :)

Thing is, with these RZR's, even at fantastic prices...all these goodies can break the bank!! :sad:

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The $119.95 is a discount price, they are normally $131.95.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just to prove their point here is the EBay Ad - Notice the "Buy It Now" price

POLARIS RZR SPORTSMAN 2410413 2410288 SPAL COOLING FAN : eBay Motors (item 290424689809 end time Apr-20-10 08:12:06 PDT)

It's truly a good deal no matter how you slice the pie!
John how did the fan work out??? Does it run cooler in the hot Havasu area???
The fan works fine, but I'm still running warm if I hold the RPM between 4000 and 5500 (221 degrees) - If I'm idling or 70% plus throttle (190 degrees) The plan is to yank the WEBER out during the next month remove the gear driven Weber water pump and install an inline electric pump, the thought is the stock Weber pump just can't keep up at the lower RPM's when the engine is still under boost and needs more cooling, plus, if it turns out to be a flow problem (as in too fast of flow) we can always install a re-stricter inline to slow the flow and let the water sit in the radiator longer....That my story and I'm sticking to it :)

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
if it turns out to be a flow problem (as in too fast of flow) we can always install a re-stricter inline to slow the flow and let the water sit in the radiator longer....That my story and I'm sticking to it :)
John,
You are on to something there....some people don't understand the theory behind it but it is true, too much flow won't let the heat transfer to cool the motor enough. I deal with this alot in my line of work with industrial equipment (heat exchangers, etc.)

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Just to prove their point here is the EBay Ad - Notice the "Buy It Now" price

POLARIS RZR SPORTSMAN 2410413 2410288 SPAL COOLING FAN : eBay Motors (item 290424689809 end time Apr-20-10 08:12:06 PDT)

It's truly a good deal no matter how you slice the pie!
The fan works fine, but I'm still running warm if I hold the RPM between 4000 and 5500 (221 degrees) - If I'm idling or 70% plus throttle (190 degrees) The plan is to yank the WEBER out during the next month remove the gear driven Weber water pump and install an inline electric pump, the thought is the stock Weber pump just can't keep up at the lower RPM's when the engine is still under boost and needs more cooling, plus, if it turns out to be a flow problem (as in too fast of flow) we can always install a re-stricter inline to slow the flow and let the water sit in the radiator longer....That my story and I'm sticking to it :)
Would you recommend buying the fan???

·
Registered
663 Posts
As far as more air flow "YES I recommend it" the fit and operation is great! Did it cure my midrange heating issue "No" - Do I think it helped "YES" I just also have another small issue -- You know if you throw enough money at something its bound to get better, right???:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
As far as more air flow "YES I recommend it" the fit and operation is great! Did it cure my midrange heating issue "No" - Do I think it helped "YES" I just also have another small issue -- You know if you throw enough money at something its bound to get better, right???:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Then I'll spend some more and buy one... I want that miracle too... LOL ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts