Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok thanks. Just a couple of questions. I see you also carry a manifold for a rzr, I assume you would remove the thermostat housing install this and then the housing goes back on and sandwiches the manifold between. Is this correct or am I way off.
2nd does this affect the factory cooling function at all? Will it still run as cool in the summer and as warm in the winter?
3rd does the manifold come with the necessary gaskets?

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ok thanks. Just a couple of questions. I see you also carry a manifold for a rzr, I assume you would remove the thermostat housing install this and then the housing goes back on and sandwiches the manifold between. Is this correct or am I way off.
2nd does this affect the factory cooling function at all? Will it still run as cool in the summer and as warm in the winter?

Thanks
Bump?

·
Registered
120 Posts
No the valve does not come with the kit, but if you would just like to give us a call we would be happy to ship it with the heater and there wouldn't be any extra shipping. Our toll free number is 866-730-7169 and our regular business hours are 8am to 5pm central time Mon-Fri
I installed one of these heaters in my Razor from universal parts last December with defrosters. It probably took about a hour to install. Took a little driveing to get the air out. I am very satisfied with it. I have had a full cab on my machine and could get it too warm inside when it was 0 degrees outside. I am wondering if I need to put a valve in mine for the summer. Is it recommended? Thanks,:camorzr::camorzr: Shep

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
We do offer that inline shut off valve and that won't allow any coolant passing through the core when it is closed.
If I put a shutoff valve in does it matter which heater hose I put it in? Thanks, Shep:camorzr:
If you go ahead with the shut-off valve it doesn't matter what side of the heater core you put it on, but most guys put it in line with the inlet side of the heater core. That way in the summer there won't be any heat transfer through the coolant into the core causing excess heat in the cab.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Thanks

1. You are correct, the manifold sandwiches between the thermostat housing and the engine. 2. There is a shut off valve that comes with the kit so that it can be shut off in the summer and then there won't be any excess heat being transfered into the cab. 3. The kit does come with the gaskets.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Thanks

1. You are correct, the manifold sandwiches between the thermostat housing and the engine. 2. There is a shut off valve that comes with the kit so that it can be shut off in the summer and then there won't be any excess heat being transfered into the cab. 3. The kit does come with the gaskets.

I was wondering more about the engine cooling function, I already have a shutoff valve in my setup.

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
We do offer that inline shut off valve and that won't allow any coolant passing through the core when it is closed.
If I put a shutoff valve in does it matter which heater hose I put it in? Thanks, Shep:camorzr:
If you go ahead with the shut-off valve it doesn't matter what side of the heater core you put it on, but most guys put it in line with the inlet side of the heater core. That way in the summer there won't be any heat transfer through the coolant into the core causing excess heat in the cab.
probably a dumb question but which side is the inlet on the heater? Shep :camorzr:

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
probably a dumb question but which side is the inlet on the heater? Shep :camorzr:
It doesn't matter what side of the heater core you put the inlet or outlet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just rode Hatfield McCoy April 1-2-3 in with 85-90 temp. fan off vents shut NO heat and NO shut off valve. Just my two cents worth.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just rode Hatfield McCoy April 1-2-3 in with 85-90 temp. fan off vents shut NO heat and NO shut off valve. Just my two cents worth.
Like Ed said there shouldn't be any heat coming from the heater box if you do not have the fan on and the vents closed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A drive down the road for a couple miles will work all the air out. Each time you drive it be sure to check the water and keep topping off the system.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts