Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is our very own cab heater with defost for the RZR and RZR-S. This is a direct bolt in and mounts right under the dash. The unit is grounded when installed and there is only 1 hot wire to plug in, which plugs right into the factory harness. 6 adjustable louvers are in this unit. 2 face out the front, 2 face down and then the 2 that go in the dash. Everything comes with this kit to install into you RZR. The sealed fan puts out 290cfm and has a 3 year warranty. Made right here in the USA for $359.95

Cab Heater Link

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just installed mine this weekend. It really is fairly simple to install. Bolts directly to the bars under the dash, one wire to plug in. My accessory wire was being used so I spliced it. The y connection is included to tap into the radiator hoses. It took me probably an hour and a half but I am slow when it comes to mechanical work.
I do have a question for them. I have an air lock, The hoses get hot but it doesn't put out heat. I know I saw a thread about this but searching can't find it.
How do I get rid of the air lock? Raise the front end where the radiator is to the highest point?

·
Registered
261 Posts
A few pictures a friend sent me of his install...

It also took him a while to get all the air out.

"Click on Pic"

·
Registered
386 Posts
I guess you know how to keep a moron in suspense.............................................

Ok how did he get the air out?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I guess you know how to keep a moron in suspense.............................................

Ok how did he get the air out?
Sorry... I'm not sure...

It was just something he mentioned took a while to get fixed before he got heat.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Typical install time takes around an hour, maybe a little longer on the one with defrost. Due to the fact that the heater is above the radiator getting the air out might take some time. A drive down the road for a couple miles will work all the air out. Each time you drive it be sure to check the water and keep topping off the system. On our 2008 RZR it came out fairly quick. Here is another picture of the complete system you get with defrost. We also have this kit available without defrost.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Can the defrost be closed off completely? Also can the water flowing through the heater be closed off so I don't have another heat source in my cab when it is 90 degrees outside?

·
Registered
386 Posts
does that valve come with the kit?
It did not come with mine.

I did opt for the defrost kit.

Wasn't aware of that shutoff valve but don't need it up here anyway.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No the valve does not come with the kit, but if you would just like to give us a call we would be happy to ship it with the heater and there wouldn't be any extra shipping. Our toll free number is 866-730-7169 and our regular business hours are 8am to 5pm central time Mon-Fri

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the pictures posted by Wacker I was the one who sent them to him. There might be another one added later.

The heater is hard to hold and put the bolts in at the same time so I took a small jack with a board on top put it under the heater and jacked it up into place worked great.

It did take a while to get the air out I did what UPI suggested just drive it around and keep checking the water level.

PS I am happy with there heater. I did not install the defrost kit I use a small fan if the windshield steams up

·
Registered
261 Posts
In the pictures posted by Wacker I was the one who sent them to him. There might be another one added later.

The heater is hard to hold and put the bolts in at the same time so I took a small jack with a board on top put it under the heater and jacked it up into place worked great.
Looks like a nice install Mr.Ed

·
ride guide extrodanire
2,680 Posts
nice job! why not use the heater by-pass too ! or does this work good with out it i have the bypass we made out own ! and a heater control flow so it dont heat in the summer !

1 - 20 of 32 Posts