Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I am new to forum and I need a little help (I tried searching, but really couldn't come up with the answer I was looking for). I currently own a 2006 Weekend Warrior FS2600, a 08 Raptor 700 (for me), and a TRX 90 (for the boy). We spent this past weekend in Oregon at the dunes with some friends who had never visited their before. I got them to take the plunge and rent a couple of quads and a RZR S for the wives. Okay, now I gotta get a RZR or RZR S...wanted to drive one for a very long time and finally got the opportunity. It was an awesome machine!! Even the wife is on board. :)
Okay, back the question.. I know that a RZR S will fit in my trailer, but I really need to fit both my Raptor and the RZR S in the trailer and still be able to get the rear bed down to the stops so that my son has a place to sleep should it take us greater than one day to get to our destination. His 90 would go in the back of my truck, as I'd prefer to not have my Raptor sit out in the weather. Generally, we like to leave in the early evening after I get off work and try to make it half way to our destination so we get a half day extra.
So, any and all of you FS2600 owners out there I REALLY need to understand how you are parking your toys, pictures would be awesome!! I did a little measuring in the trailer and it looks like the RZR S would go all the way from the passenger side of the trailer wheel well to where the sofa would sit if it were down, does that sound right??
I've driven an S now, but not a regular RZR how different are they? Is it like going between a Corvette and a Camaro? I realize the S is wider, has better suspension and more ground clearance...but for the average sand rider am I really going to notice that much of a difference? I mainly ride in Oregon, Pismo, and Sand Mountain (hoping to add Dumont and Glamis to that list this winter).
Thanks for your help and sorry for the long post.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I assume you have a full size truck. I would put the rzr in the bed of the truck and worry if things would fit in the trailer.

·
MX Kid
2,783 Posts
We have an 03 Rage'n that is the 26 foot box and we can put our RZR S a dirt bike and a quad in it. Depending on how far you pull the rzr and how tall your quad you should be able to pull the rear bed down.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies guys!! I have a 1500HD with a 6.5' bed....so unless I come up with an elaborate rack in the back the truck, putting it in the back of the bed won't work while towing. This is the ONE time I wished I had bought a long bed. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
RZRRick, that's exactly what I did and it looks like it won't fit unless I put the RZR all the way into my toy hauler, up against the cabinets...leaving no room to get into the trailer through the entry door. Isn't the S 60.5" wide?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Jeff... Check out these two sites:

Bulldog Decks - Aluminum sled and quad decks - These guys are Canadian but I am sure that there is an US alternative.

TorkLift - All American Innovation:: Home of the SuperHitch

With the shortbox pickup you're need to run a hitch extension so as to aviod punching a hole in the front of the trailer with the sled/atv deck. I've got a buddy of mine who run a similar set-up when hauling his Ranger in the back of his pick-up when he's hooked up to his travel trailer (non toy hauler) and the system works great. I guess the only other question that may need to be asked is where will you be with your loaded weight?

Scott..

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 07 fs2600 and I think I might stuff a quad in with mine but you will not get the rear bed down. You might stuff the rzr against the sink and put the quad in the back but you don't need any more weight in front. Make sure the update has been done on your trailer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff... Check out these two sites:

Bulldog Decks - Aluminum sled and quad decks - These guys are Canadian but I am sure that there is an US alternative.

TorkLift - All American Innovation:: Home of the SuperHitch

With the shortbox pickup you're need to run a hitch extension so as to aviod punching a hole in the front of the trailer with the sled/atv deck. I've got a buddy of mine who run a similar set-up when hauling his Ranger in the back of his pick-up when he's hooked up to his travel trailer (non toy hauler) and the system works great. I guess the only other question that may need to be asked is where will you be with your loaded weight?

Scott..
This is a great idea, except it appears they don't make that super cool class V hitch for my truck...and 01 1500HD. I haven't weighted the trailer fully loaded with quads and water, but I believe I've got about 1100-1300 lbs for the RZR before I am towing capacity. I really only have to make it about another 13 months or so before I spring for a diesel.
I think I will end up just putting my Raptor in the back of my truck and stuffing my son's 90 sideways behind the RZR. It will be tight, but I think it will work.

Thanks to everyone for the replies!!

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts