Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K... he who has experienced a downpour of gigantic magnitude while riding should also have experienced a waterfall spilling off the front of the roof right onto your shins.

I couldn't believe that that much water could come off such a small (roughly 9sq ft) piece of plastic. It was like someone standing there with a garden hose spraying us.

This may sound :rofl3: but has anyone came up with a "water diverter system" for the front of the plastic roof?

I realize the smart answer would be to stop under cover and have some refreshments till the rain stopped but this particular time we were out of them and the rain was there for a good and long time, it was cold, dark and the poor sap sitting beside me had dislocated his shoulder on his bike so we had to ride to get him out of the bush.

Any thoughts?? Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wind-Shield :rofl3:
Very clever Macs Dad, I guess i forgot to mention I have a half windshield on it that sure won't do anything for this. The full always sits in my shop cause of the lack of windshild wipers and the dust vortex that it creates.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I can but the roof is the cooter roof. That is why I actually bought it because it would be easier than the polaris or other roofs. I will go take pics and post.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have the same problem with our RZR4 roof. We got caught in a rain at a ATV park and went inside for lunch for the rain to pass. When we came back out we dried the seats off, sat down and all got wet butts. The seats were like sponges. When you push down on the seat bottoms with your hand you see water coming out of the seams.
The dealer is saying they have never heard of this and customer service laughed and hung up. Do you or anyone else have this problem? My RZR4 is only 3 months old.
New seat bottoms from the dealer are $200 each. Hoping for a cheaper fix.
Thanks

H

·
0 Posts
We have the same problem with our RZR4 roof. We got caught in a rain at a ATV park and went inside for lunch for the rain to pass. When we came back out we dried the seats off, sat down and all got wet butts. The seats were like sponges. When you push down on the seat bottoms with your hand you see water coming out of the seams.
The dealer is saying they have never heard of this and customer service laughed and hung up. Do you or anyone else have this problem? My RZR4 is only 3 months old.
Thanks
Weird...mine have been wet several times and I've even washed them with a pressure and they don't do that...maybe something is wrong with yours..maybe they left out the then plastic type material that seals the foam?
Or maybe I'm just lucky? :rofl3:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wear rain pants... Sounds like i'm being a smart ass but I seriously wear rubber rain gear when there is a chance of rain while riding. Even if you just bring them along in a storage container or something so your always prepared. It's the cheapest solution.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thanks
They hung up??? Man that sounds like tipical customer service from a large company. I'd go back to the dealer and demand waranty on such a defect if it were me. I'm sure the dealer (If they are any good at all) will help to honor the waranty on what is clearly a "Defect". Of course if they find that you have some small cuts or something it would just be wear and tear. I had an issue from the day I bought mine where the seat belts were too tight against the seats and the seats started to chafe against the latch causing a small tare to start. I had to bend the seatbelt latches towards the center away from the seats and all is fine now. I bought Polaris seat covers just to be safe after seeing how easy the stock seats can rip. Come to think of it my new RZR came out of the crate from factory with a rip in one of the seats and the dealer ordered me a new one. I have a good dealer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks
My seats have always done that, after each ride and clean-up I have always had to remove seats and let em lay on their back in the sun water will just pour out of them, no cuts or tears. My dealer hadn't heard of it either, but then again...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey,.. great info on the seats guys but back to the rain issue.

Rain pants are always on board but you know how that goes.. Just a quick little shower and the next thing you know..your too soaked to even bother with the pants. It's just so nice sittin back in these things with shorts, boots, helmet, refreshment and my bride enjoying the day. I even try to avoid coveralls most times.

Coop... thats what I'm talkin bout. Nice job. I was also thinking along that line.
Do you ride in bush areas where low branches are an issue? It looks durable but I don't want to fab something thats going to get ripped off first time out.
Thanks for the pics :beer3:

Anyone else have pics of a visor or "gutters" ??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Rzrluvr.... Thanks. I really like the rack a member hear had it made then wanted to sell it so I picked it up. I was just getting ready to build one so it saved me a bunch of time.

Silverbullet.. I do ride trails with branches and what not. I have hit it pretty hard and nothing happened which I was suprised. I would imagine if I was moving really fast and hit a large branch It would probably break or at least get banged up. I am in it no money and did not take very long to make so no big deal if something happens to it. It is fiberboard with fiberglass over it so it is pretty strong.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info Coop.
Where did you come across the fiber board and how thick did you use?
Did you just cut the pieces to fit and then bond them together with fiberglass cloth and resin?
Cheers

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks for the info Coop.
Where did you come across the fiber board and how thick did you use?
Did you just cut the pieces to fit and then bond them together with fiberglass cloth and resin?
Cheers
It was 1/4" fiber board and the only reason I used that is because that is what I had laying around. Where the visor mounts to the roof it is actually a 1x2 cut down and then attached the fiber board to that using finish nails and gorilla glue. Then I did fiber paste to fill the holes where the wood came together then I did fiberglass cloth and resin over that. My plan was to use this to make a mold so that I could make them completely out of fiberglass but never got around to that. If this one breaks I will fix it and then do that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Took it to the dealer on saturday, looked at the seats, took photos and contacting Polaris on Tuesday. Dealer feels it is a no brainer and we should get new seat bottoms.
When I get the outcome I will post it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts