Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up making an aluminum deckplate floor for the rzr, I cut the plastic out so I can unbolt the plate and get to the engine easier, if I need to. Looks a lot better also!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have to get some pics sometime, I didn't take any with it removed. I just cut about 3/4" from the edge all the way around.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't rattle at all, when I tightened the bolts down, it bowed a little bit in the center. Actually pulled down against the edges and holds tight. I ran 50mph down the road, which is a gravel road, not a rattle one!

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
WOW man, I NEVER thought if that! thats really, really imaginative.. Now that my RZR is nothing more than an engine with the frame & A-arms attached (installing new black fullbore & better Snorkel) I AM DOING this!, I never would have though of that!

Thank you for the idea!

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Looks nice now, but that treadbrite always looks bad after stuff stratches and scuffs it up. But, you can always buff it again. I think I would put bed liner on something and then it wouldn't slide around either. Just mine thoughts. Great idea for easy engine access.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Looks nice now, but that treadbrite always looks bad after stuff stratches and scuffs it up. But, you can always buff it again. I think I would put bed liner on something and then it wouldn't slide around either. Just mine thoughts. Great idea for easy engine access.
hAWK, Where did you get the doors for the fullbore kit? will any standard RZR doors (lke pro armor) fit the fullbore kit???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Great idea! I think this will work well with the turbo guys aswell. Could make some fancy relief slots to allow a bit of heat escape and not to mention a easy way for us to check our charge and inlet tube clamps and such. I like it

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Looks good.. Biggest problem I see though is you can't use a Lock and Ride box with that bed now.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I know there are more pictures somewhere on the site, but the MotoActiv plate has holes that line up with the lock n ride holes so you can still used them. Theyare doing one for me, but eliminating the hole in the center because I will also be cutting out the box for easier engine access, especially for cleaning.

·
Registered
680 Posts
im doing mine tomorrow. that is great for cleaning the motor. great job.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine has been holding up great, no rattles or squeaks out of it yet! Don't regret doing it either!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I cut the box out tonight to get a jump on this project. I have one of those oscillating tools and it worked perfect. I think I will be cutting that front cross member for the box too, it will make access to stuff even easier.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thats a great idea, Did you remove the box to do it or do it in place?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did it right in place. I did have the 4 bolts out so I could lift the center section out when I was done cutting it.

·
Marcus
73 Posts
I bet it would be pretty cool with a hinge and some type of hing also. I'll be trying that out tonight.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts