Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out the best way to tie down my new RZR Pro XP4 in a 16' enclosed trailer. Advice would be helpful.

Option A ($)
Speedstrap UTV kit tied to lower control arms
Current D-Ring placement is just outside the tire width, so this may put extra pressure on the hubs
No need to install more D-Rings (already have four)

Option B ($$)
MACs UTV Tire Nets
Will need to install four more D-Rings

Option C ($$$)
E-Track with Erickson tire straps
Will have to install e-track

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ive been using the macs wheel nets. They work great, rzr never moves and no loose straps due to suspension movement.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am trying to figure out the best way to tie down my new RZR Pro XP4 in a 16' enclosed trailer. Advice would be helpful.

Option A ($)
Current D-Ring placement is just outside the tire width, so this may put extra pressure on the hubs

Option B ($$)
MACs UTV Tire Nets

Option C ($$$)

View attachment 664611
Option B or C best in my opinion. Back when I had a 14’ enclosed I installed E-track and used option C. After learning about tire bonnets today I would go with E-track and bonnets. My toy hauler has airline track in it, I use bonnets with it. I by no means an expert, just sharing what works for me, good luck.
IMG_1610467179.491223.jpg

Sent from my iPad using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
32 Posts
While not in a enclosed trailer, I use the Erickson wheel chocks. I really like them. Really holds your machine in place. Fast way to secure it also.

Only down side is if you get bigger tires, spacers, or different machine, etc. You'll have to move the chocks.

One kit comes with everything for 2 wheels. Around $40

2019 Polaris RZR 570 (EPS)

·
Premium Member
2021 PRO XP ULTIMATE
541 Posts
Option B is fine. You can put the 4 new D rings in the right place. Maybe move the original ones. Mac wheel nets are really nice. But even with them the rzr shifts a little. I would be afraid of the single straps falling off. E track is not that expensive. All you need is 4 4' pieces plus 8 of the rings. Lots of flexibility then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Option B is fine. You can put the 4 new D rings in the right place. Maybe move the original ones. Mac wheel nets are really nice. But even with them the rzr shifts a little. I would be afraid of the single straps falling off. E track is not that expensive. All you need is 4 4' pieces plus 8 of the rings. Lots of flexibility then.
E Track can be a pain in the ass to install if done properly. Backing plates, bolting through the frame, etc... This also gets expensive.

·
Premium Member
2021 PRO XP ULTIMATE
541 Posts
I put nice big screw in every hole and the rzr is sitting on it. If the E Track does not hold that means I have been in accident big enough that the tie down system is not my biggest problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put nice big screw in every hole and the rzr is sitting on it. If the E Track does not hold that means I have been in accident big enough that the tie down system is not my biggest problem.
The floor of my trailer is thick plywood, you think that is enough meat to hold it all in place?

·
Premium Member
2021 PRO XP ULTIMATE
541 Posts
The floor of my trailer is thick plywood, you think that is enough meat to hold it all in place?
Yeah. I don't want the RZR to slide if I stop hard. I had a friend decapitated with a loader at a stop sign because he forgot the chain. But If the trailer is rolling down a cliff, I really don't care if the rzr wheels are still attached to the trailer frame.

·
Premium Member
2021 PRO XP ULTIMATE
541 Posts

Option A ($)

Option B ($$)
MACs UTV Tire Nets

Option C ($$$)

View attachment 664611
Option A is ugly because will be uncomfortable and difficult to tighten the front straps in an enclosed trailer. B and C are easy and fast.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Shock Therapy has an entire video that shows attaching to suspension arms... :unsure::)
That’s why I said “my rule.” Tying down by the suspension allowed bouncing that can loosen or allow straps to come off. It also doesn’t seem good to ride with suspension compressed for hours. I think ST says use the A-Arms, something that Polaris says not to do. I trust ST, but over the tires has no downside JMHO 😉

·
Registered
383 Posts
I swear by my Macs straps over the wheels. My Garage in my hauler is a tight fit for my Turbo S and I cannot afford for it to move at all. It never does, When strapping down a $30k toy, whats a few hundred dollars to make sure it's done proper?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My vote is for tire nets both front and rear. You will never move an inch on the trailer.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts