Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen alot of threads on here about people having issues with when to stop lifting you plow before you damge something. Well here is what I did and it works great, I bought a normaly closed magnetic switch and mouted it to the rzr lower mount and the other to the plow frame. I tied the 2 wires into the up side of the winch switch and now when I rasie my plow it stops at just the right spot without having to worry about crushing something. Cost me $1.74, I will try to take some pictures and video tonight and post.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
I have seen alot of threads on here about people having issues with when to stop lifting you plow before you damge something. Well here is what I did and it works great, I bought a normaly closed magnetic switch and mouted it to the rzr lower mount and the other to the plow frame. I tied the 2 wires into the up side of the winch switch and now when I rasie my plow it stops at just the right spot without having to worry about crushing something. Cost me $1.74, I will try to take some pictures and video tonight and post.
hey now thats a good idea..Please post pics and parts list instructions ect...

Plowers have issued because of going up and down, constantly and rapidly, sometimed the plow wont drop and you start reverse winding the cable then it drops you have too much slack ect..can be a nightmare..Just depends on what the conditions are... Ive been plowing long enough just to have a "feel" for whats going on out of sight (but still make mistake..it called being human & meds)..but sometimes the cold takes over your thinking/judgement gets you rushing the job....Interested in your idea...
thanks Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics of the switch. Instructions are simple.
1. Buy a normaly closed magnetic switch
2 you will nee lock tite heavey duty double sided tape.
3 using double sided tape mount the switch on the plow mount and on the plow frame as shown in pictures.
4. run the 2 wires to the winch silinod and connect one wire to the up wire on the silonoid and the outher to the up wire to the switch.

When the magnets are away from each other winch will operate normaly. When place togather the up button will be disengaed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
GREAT idea using a mag switch! I've wanted to add a limit switch to my setup but never did bc I figured the switch would get fouled up with snow & ice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This magnetic switch will not get messed up. after I installed I sprayed it with hot water and cold water for about 10 min. Then I put a bag of ice on it for a half hour and It was still stuck the and worked perfectly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I bought what I thought was normally Closed Magnetic switches, assuming that if the magnet was not close or in contact with the switch then the switch would allow current flow. Then once the magnet was close to the switch then current would not flow thus stopping the winch. The switches I have though operate or allow current to flow when the magent is close to the switch. Did I get the wrong switch.

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts