21 - 40 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
SS braided lines aren't as likely to break as an Old Car though

·
Registered
223 Posts
I see this as something I would use only when trailering or having to stop on a steep hill. If you are going to blow a brake line, it seems like it would happen either way. This may put on some constant pressure and make it more likely, but I would much rather replace a brake line than a tranny

·
Registered
352 Posts
SS braided lines aren't as likely to break as an Old Car though
ya but they will break if something goes in there and breaks a hose , i replaced one of mine i hit a peice of steel and it cut the left front line all the way though ,i still had rear brake's but the pedal went almost to the floor

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
here is the problem i see with it,the rzr uses a 2 stage master cylinder,if you break a brake hose on the front or rear the brake pedal will drop further but you will still have some brake, if the rod won't let that pedal drop when this happen's you will have no brake's at all ,and anyone who ever had a broken brake line a an old car will know what i am talking about
It doesn't look like the rod prevents the pedal from going all the way to the floor. It pushes only.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The rod is telescopic. It slides outwards when you hit the pedal. When you lock the lever down it bottoms out the slide and presses the brake pedal. I designed something like this in cad but never had it produced. Good work there looks better than what I had planned.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
yes the likely hood of a brake line failure while sitting still is almost non existent, and if something failed in the master assembly and the pedal went down this unit would let it move as its not connected. This system works as simply as you putting your foot on the brake as we do thousands of times as we ride. The key to using the system is to apply the lever before putting the tranny in park this lets you be in park but without putting pressure on the shifting mechanism.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
took about 30 minutes but i was not in a hurry, its simple to install as it comes with everything needed and each is numbered. You take out the pin holding the pedal to the master cyl. add the lower rod and helm joint and replace with the longer pin. Then you take the bottom bolt out of the tilt shock and replace with the longer screw and put the brace on and add the nut. Then bolt other end or brace in pre existing hole in the brace under the dash. Then slide the ss sleeve over the bottom rod, slide the handle assembly in and tighten bolt. Then you only have to drill a hole in the tilt shock bracket for the second hole in the brace for more strength. Then you use two 1/2 wrenches to adjust the amount of pedal pressure you want. It comes with a full color photo instruction sheet with each step laid out. Id say most anyone could install it in no time, its that easy.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Does he have alot of these in stock or do you have to wait for them?
He told me he would be getting kits ready and even if he was temporarily out he could fill orders in 7-14 days. So the quicker a order is placed the better chance it will be filled quickly. I got mine in 4 days after my paypal payment was made.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I sent him an email yesterday AM & no reply yet

·
Duh~Duh
77 Posts
very nice, won't drain the battery like the electric ones

·
Registered
441 Posts
Im sure he will get back to you soon, i think he got a lot of emails in the last few days about these.
He did get back to me, and I placed my order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I emailed him 3 days ago and did not hear back yet?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I emailed him 3 days ago and did not hear back yet?
just try him again, he doesnt do these for a living, hes a rzr owner and after building his own he thought it was a great product and so he started assembling kits to sell to folks that need them. Im sure since i posted this he is just a little overwhelmed with the interest and orders so if you didn't hear back, try him again.

21 - 40 of 193 Posts