Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rzr 4 800 is overheating. when you start it and let it warm up, the temp. keeps rising. the fan kicks is right away, but it the temp, keeps rising and eventually the computer kills the engine( good looking out Polaris!). I was told by a atv mechanic that the thermostat is seized shut. can that be? or could it be that or the water pump. before this issue I flip the rzr and ended up up side down. I immediately shut the engine off. and flip it right back to its feet! and drove it back to the trailer located like 4 miles away with no issues. later I tried to use it and it started to warm up and the problem began.....what does the rzr community think???? please help!!!!

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
When the fan comes on is the air blowing out hot or cold?
If cold.
You can remove the thermostat in less than 5 minutes. start it back up with no thermostat and see if the air blowing off the fan is now warm. If so it's a bad therm If still cold it is pointing towards a water pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my fluid levels are good. I will pull the thermostat tomorrow and will reasemble to check temperature. i will advise on the issue!!!thanks once again....what is the price on a thermostat and water pump.

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
You could have air in the system from your flip... Raise the front wheels off the ground about 1.5 ft. and bleed the system per the service manual...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts