Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I guess I am stupid by my son ran his rzr out of gas and I am can not get it started again. I am trying to avoid going back to the dealer. I check the oil level, sparkplug, air filter, etc. I can not get the razor started...any help?????

Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Is that a part that can be installed by someone other than the dealer? I actually have an extended warranty so hopefully it will be covered. The rzr is only about 8 months old.

Thanks again and post once I get it back from shop.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Yes you can do it yourself and airtek makes one for jeep that is the same you can get at autoparts store do a search on here for the rest of the info. But you have warrenty use it. Good luck on your issues. Kevin

·
Registered
183 Posts
If it is a fuel issue.We had the same problem happen to my daughters a few times also. Got an air lock in the fuel system. Basicly you just have to fill the tank almost overflowing it. Getting any air out of the tank, remove the fuel line from the carb. keeping it lower than the tank as possible. Tighten the gas cap. Crank the engine until fuel comes. I doubt the fuel pump is bad there is not much to go bad on it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
If it is a fuel issue.We had the same problem happen to my daughters a few times also. Got an air lock in the fuel system. Basicly you just have to fill the tank almost overflowing it. Getting any air out of the tank, remove the fuel line from the carb. keeping it lower than the tank as possible. Tighten the gas cap. Crank the engine until fuel comes. I doubt the fuel pump is bad there is not much to go bad on it.
Your right I did not realize he was in 170 section i am bad.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine did the same thing, but it was from sitting all winter long without starting it. Our little motorcycle shop here said to take of the intake and spray some starter fluid or gas in the carb and keep it running (may take a few times) it will then draw a suction and draw the gas from the tank. It worked for me, I was ready to buy a new fuel pump. Glad I didn't. Hope this works. :popcorn:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.