Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, glad to be here. My name's Derrick(nick name D Rock). I just traded my Brute force on 32 S backs for an 08 RZR today. I'm absolutely loving it so far. I'm impressed by the power and handling for sure. My wife also enjoys having her own seat and something to hold onto.

The RZR is basically stock with HL springs and 26" ACT's. I have plans to put some form of stereo on it, exhaust, some sort of timing/fuel programmer, a pinch more lift, and some rims/tires(29.5 laws?).

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm accustomed to kawi's so i'm sure this will be a whole different ballgame. I'm sure i'll have some questions for you guys so bear with me. Thanks for having me.

here are a few pics. It's not much now and i haven't cleaned it up, but that will all soon change.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WELCOME!!!!! Looks like you got a great trail rig. Enjoy the site!
Yes it's a blast on the trails right now. I enjoy trail riding, but i'm more of a mud guy. I don't expect it to do as good as my old brute with 32s, but i expect it to do pretty good with a little more lift and some meaty tires. Atleast me and the wife both are comfortable now and we have a designated area for the beer (i mean soda) cooler.

Welcome this is a whole new world of 4 wheeling and enjoy
I can tell already it's a new world of 4 wheeling and i really enjoy it already. I can't believe how good this thing rides and handles. I've been getting beaten around for too long, this thing rides like a Cadillac. It's also nice to be able to go down quad trails.

Welcome to the forum.....Your the third new member from the tarheel state in two days.....
I've noticed there's a bunch of NC guys in the introduction forum. The more the merrier :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum, let us know if we help with any problems you run into
I appreciate it. I'm sure i'll have some questions. Right now i'm just doing a lot of researching on these things and trying to get familiar with them. My buddy also has an 08 rzr and i have put a clutch kit on his(weights, primary and secondary springs) but that's the extent of what i've done. These things seem to be fairly easy to work on though. A LOT more room compared to all the quads i've worked on throughout the years.

Right now i'm just looking into what lift i want(2 or 3") and also what tires i want to go with. I'm an outlaw and silverback man and have ran both in the past. I am leaning towards the 29.5 laws, but am not for certain yet. I also really like the Polaris Crusher wheels, but it looks like i'll have to go with 14" rims in that case and will have to run a minimum of 30" tires to be able to run a serious mud tire.

Decisions, decisions.......

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Ya there is a lot to chose from. I guess its all about what will work the best for where you ride. Do your research and think about the pros and cons. One thing most of us do is go out on a limb with out thinking about it first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.