Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple probs rzr started running like my plugs were fouled out so I changed my plugs n it started running right byte had a backfire when I would let off gas.. have countinued to ride it but last wkend it started running like plugs were fouled again (it has been couple months since last plug change) so I changed plugs now it won't crank! It's turning over n getting fire.. I pulled off fuel line at tank and up at injectors harness n is getting gas.. is there a certain amount of pressure the pump needs to put out? Or maybe could objectors b stopped up.. sensor?? I'm kind of stumped so any help would b appreciated.. Ty

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 09.. and Polaris fuel pump I think.is over $200 but guy at work crossed numbers and u can get same one at parts store for $40.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
If the new fuel pump doesn't cure the back firing, check your exhaust header at the "Y" for a crack, the back firing on deceleration is a known symptom of a cracked header "Y".

Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dunno didn't fix the issue on my 09.. now I'm getting a check engine light n still won't crank guess ill take to shop n hook up to comp.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
It'll turn over its firing but won't crank won't even hit. N i gotta check engine light on now.
Get the service manual (see my signature for some links) and see what codes it throws.
The process to generate the code and the code table are listed in the manual.

To get the code:
1) Engine Off; Key in Off position
2) Turn to On (not start)
3) Turn to Off
4) Turn to On (not start)
5) Turn to off
6) Turn to On (not start) and leave it...

You'll see the computer run through it's process; then it'll tell you any outstanding codes.

Oh; once you get the codes, turn it off...
I left mine on for several days once when I forgot to... Oops!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts